Question re. 2012 Nationals

Question re. 2012 Nationals

January 5th, 2012, 6:44 pm #1

Hi Wayne -

I'll be shooting at the Nationals this year ... my 1st Nationals ! with my Whiscombe ..... in the Spring Piston open division.

I am also thinking about bringing 3 of my kids to compete ....

They are 12, 11 and 9 and each shoot S200's so they would want to compete in the WHTFT (12ft lbs Hunter Junior division)

Are you expecting any juniors this year ? and will there be an International Hunter Junior division ? or How many participants does it take to
form a division ?

Looking at the registration form I noted that there was no "Junior Div" listed ...

Thanx -

James Brinkley
http://whiscombe.net/

January 5th, 2012, 7:18 pm #2

Basically, there are 3 divisions: Open, WFTF, and Hunter; each supporting PCP & Piston classes
1) Open (PCP or Piston) - 20fpe limit, bum-bag & straps
2) WFTF (PCP or Piston) - 12fpe limit, bum-bag (no straps)
3) Hunter (PCP or Piston) - 12x scope, buckets & bipods

Here are the choices on the registration form:
Rifle Divisions-
Open PCP 20fpe____ PCP 12fpe ____ Piston 20fpe____ 12fpe Piston____ Hunter PCP____ Hunter Piston____

January 5th, 2012, 7:33 pm #3

Under 16 years old ? perhaps .......

It wouldn't be fair for my 9 year old daughter to shoot against Mr. Doug Miller .....

especially if she beats him .. lol

I presume it's all dependent on the number of entrants .. but in the UK there is a Junior division for FT events.

So my question is how many entrants are needed to form a separate division.
Cheers
james

January 5th, 2012, 7:55 pm #4

So, Wayne can best answer that.
Have fun!
Leo.

January 5th, 2012, 8:23 pm #5

Hi Wayne -

I'll be shooting at the Nationals this year ... my 1st Nationals ! with my Whiscombe ..... in the Spring Piston open division.

I am also thinking about bringing 3 of my kids to compete ....

They are 12, 11 and 9 and each shoot S200's so they would want to compete in the WHTFT (12ft lbs Hunter Junior division)

Are you expecting any juniors this year ? and will there be an International Hunter Junior division ? or How many participants does it take to
form a division ?

Looking at the registration form I noted that there was no "Junior Div" listed ...

Thanx -

James Brinkley
http://whiscombe.net/
Minimum of 6 shooters per class -

So I can provide 3 of those 'Juniors' ... we just need 3 more under sixteens to form an 'open' junior class......

cheers
James

lhd

January 6th, 2012, 5:53 am #6

So, Wayne can best answer that.
Have fun!
Leo.
I suspect we will have at least six geezers.

January 6th, 2012, 6:37 pm #7

Minimum of 6 shooters per class -

So I can provide 3 of those 'Juniors' ... we just need 3 more under sixteens to form an 'open' junior class......

cheers
James
might want to ask Wayne if they are still around. 3 more sounds doable and perhaps a team event as well where a junior's score is combined with his partners score (adult). if we have 6 juniors, then we could have 6 teams too. i think that would be very cool!!

Ronnie
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

lhd

January 6th, 2012, 6:59 pm #8

In an important event, each contestant should do all the steps of shooting, from ranging, loading the gun, selecting shooting position, establishing sight dope and wind holdoff all by themselves. FT is an individual sport, so coaching is best only done in the practice matches.

I have seen a case where a youngster "beat" another youngster, but the "winner" was essentially only just aiming and firing, based on directions for every phase from pops ... no fair.

January 6th, 2012, 7:19 pm #9

at a Nationals (event) I'd expect them to be paired with an adult (not a parent)
and shoot unaided or un-coached.

The same FT rules and regs would also apply to them.

lhd

January 6th, 2012, 8:01 pm #10

Doing it on their own like that anyhow, if they are competing against other juniors.