question for the springer guys????? does anyone shoot hunter class with a spring gun?

question for the springer guys????? does anyone shoot hunter class with a spring gun?

September 12th, 2011, 7:05 pm #1

knowing that a spring gun is hold sensitive, will quick sticks be ok if placed in the proper place on the fore arm???? i have a shooter who is interested in hunter but has not purchased a pcp as of yet but still wants to shoot Hunter.

sincerely,
Ronnie
www.eftc.us
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

-bp

September 12th, 2011, 7:20 pm #2

a few of us have learned that you don't want a 'grabby' 'sticky' surface where the forearm rests on the sticks if you're shooting a springer. think of watching a howitzer recoil on its mount when it is fired.

felt, wool, polar fleece, any slippery cloth is great to cover the top of the sticks with to allow a springer to slide back and forth when it's fired.

i have two fingers of a fleece glove covering the two 'ears' of my gander mountain bipod. works great for me.

also it appears to be more important that you let the gun slide, than it is where you position the sticks (near trigger or far forward).

all that said, there are a thousand shooters and a thousand ways of shooting.

-bp

September 12th, 2011, 8:01 pm #3

knowing that a spring gun is hold sensitive, will quick sticks be ok if placed in the proper place on the fore arm???? i have a shooter who is interested in hunter but has not purchased a pcp as of yet but still wants to shoot Hunter.

sincerely,
Ronnie
www.eftc.us
He shot the TX200 hunter style. Doesn't seem to slow him down at all - he regularly spanks me and my PCP - lol.

-Casey

Where I'm learning to shoot FT - come check it out!

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org

CASA on Twitter -http://twitter.com/socasaft

September 12th, 2011, 8:57 pm #4

sincerely,
Ronnie
www.eftc.us
by Bill, a shooter at our club uses a HW97 on sticks with some kind of fleece material on top of his home made sticks. He seems to be getting better each month. Here is a partial pic of his rig in action:

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;text-align:right;">From Sep 12, 2011</td></tr></table>

Life is short...slow down and enjoy
http://www.activevacuums.com
Last edited by jamdon on September 12th, 2011, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 12th, 2011, 8:58 pm #5

sincerely,
Ronnie
www.eftc.us
Even if he's the "Ace of the Base" there's going to be a learning curve. It's all part of the fun.

And yes, I see a lot of guys shooting springer hunter

K

September 12th, 2011, 9:18 pm #6

sincerely,
Ronnie
www.eftc.us
...class. I'm not even sure if anyone actually thinks of Hunter that way any more. We had some Hunter/Springer guys at the club and they like it too but there was usually not enough to recognize them as a group.

To echo what has been said, sticks work great if they allow for recoil movement. My HW97k was at 11 fpe when I was shooting it in Hunter and was not hold sensitive in the least.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

September 12th, 2011, 9:40 pm #7

a few of us have learned that you don't want a 'grabby' 'sticky' surface where the forearm rests on the sticks if you're shooting a springer. think of watching a howitzer recoil on its mount when it is fired.

felt, wool, polar fleece, any slippery cloth is great to cover the top of the sticks with to allow a springer to slide back and forth when it's fired.

i have two fingers of a fleece glove covering the two 'ears' of my gander mountain bipod. works great for me.

also it appears to be more important that you let the gun slide, than it is where you position the sticks (near trigger or far forward).

all that said, there are a thousand shooters and a thousand ways of shooting.

-bp
very nice bill. thanks !! :) nt
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

September 12th, 2011, 9:41 pm #8

He shot the TX200 hunter style. Doesn't seem to slow him down at all - he regularly spanks me and my PCP - lol.

-Casey

Where I'm learning to shoot FT - come check it out!

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org

CASA on Twitter -http://twitter.com/socasaft
lol your tooooo funny Casey!! thanks :) nt
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

September 12th, 2011, 9:42 pm #9

by Bill, a shooter at our club uses a HW97 on sticks with some kind of fleece material on top of his home made sticks. He seems to be getting better each month. Here is a partial pic of his rig in action:

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;text-align:right;">From Sep 12, 2011</td></tr></table>

Life is short...slow down and enjoy
http://www.activevacuums.com
your awsome brother!!!! i copied the pic. thanks nt
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

September 12th, 2011, 9:43 pm #10

Even if he's the "Ace of the Base" there's going to be a learning curve. It's all part of the fun.

And yes, I see a lot of guys shooting springer hunter

K
thanks Knobs :) nt
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President