Question for Rich in Mich. I NEED HELP from somebody!!

Question for Rich in Mich. I NEED HELP from somebody!!

November 4th, 2006, 7:49 pm #1

Rich, I was shooting my son's Shadow Sport and I openned the gun to load it and found a very small rubber o-ring laying in the breech are. It looks like something came out of the gun?? Do you know what it is???. The gun seems to be still shooting fine but, what happened??

This is the o-ring next too a pellet so you can see how small it is.

November 4th, 2006, 8:09 pm #2

...would normally load the pellet? It's part #8 in this diagram.

Steve

November 4th, 2006, 8:18 pm #3

Could it be something from in side the gun??? I don't see this seal in the Diagram at all.

November 4th, 2006, 8:55 pm #4

You're right - that O-ring looks smaller than anything I'd expect to find in a Shadow.

That pellet looks like a Crosman HP. Could the O-ring be garbage that came from the pellet tin?

Steve
Last edited by pneuguy on November 4th, 2006, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 4th, 2006, 9:00 pm #5

Rich, I was shooting my son's Shadow Sport and I openned the gun to load it and found a very small rubber o-ring laying in the breech are. It looks like something came out of the gun?? Do you know what it is???. The gun seems to be still shooting fine but, what happened??

This is the o-ring next too a pellet so you can see how small it is.

It sure looks like the breach seal, you know they are in the reciver end NOT the barrel end. It's about the right size for that seal.

I looked at n my Nitro17 which has the same setup and the seal is not much bigger that the bore.

November 4th, 2006, 9:00 pm #6

You're right - that O-ring looks smaller than anything I'd expect to find in a Shadow.

That pellet looks like a Crosman HP. Could the O-ring be garbage that came from the pellet tin?

Steve
and it was just laying on the locking pin after I openned the breech to load another pellet. I did not see this o-ring when loading.

November 4th, 2006, 9:18 pm #7

It sure looks like the breach seal, you know they are in the reciver end NOT the barrel end. It's about the right size for that seal.

I looked at n my Nitro17 which has the same setup and the seal is not much bigger that the bore.

I don't see a groove for the o-ring on the breech. Its just smooth around that area.

Maybe it goes in side??

Last edited by photo22 on November 4th, 2006, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 4th, 2006, 11:18 pm #8

That is to say, it surrounds the end of the barrel where you load the pellet, just as shown in the Quest diagram in my post above, and it's not around the transfer port as in your photo.

What kind of Gamo is that in your picture, anyway, Rich?

Steve
Last edited by pneuguy on November 4th, 2006, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 4th, 2006, 11:24 pm #9

a new style gamo, the Nitro 17 which is the same style as the new Shadow Sport, they both have polymer barrels, or should have if it's a Shadow sport.

November 4th, 2006, 11:55 pm #10

Flutted barrel. Maybe the new ones are not the same as the older ones. This gun does shoot faster than most of the older model Shadows. I was thinking the new Gamo's did not have a breech seal o-ring?

Last edited by photo22 on November 4th, 2006, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.