Question for Garrett: Did your SCI CFX come with an alum. rail attached

Question for Garrett: Did your SCI CFX come with an alum. rail attached

August 20th, 2006, 4:12 am #1

to a grooved reciever rail?

August 20th, 2006, 4:19 am #2

Boy I wouldn't think so. It's under the bed and my wife's already asleep.

I'll let you know tomorrow morning under this posting.

Oh, btw I picked up a Marksman 2004 pistol while on vacation. It's a nice basement plinking pistol, real easy to shoot and accurate.

August 20th, 2006, 4:38 am #3

to a grooved reciever rail?
this must be an 2006 rifle because you are not the first to see this from Gamo, looks like they are useing a standard Shadow breach and adding the aluminum rail to it. last two numbers of the SN should be 06 = 2006 rifle.

August 20th, 2006, 4:40 am #4

Boy I wouldn't think so. It's under the bed and my wife's already asleep.

I'll let you know tomorrow morning under this posting.

Oh, btw I picked up a Marksman 2004 pistol while on vacation. It's a nice basement plinking pistol, real easy to shoot and accurate.
can let us know tmo which scope rail looks more like your SCI. Aside from wooden stock there are some other differences between a Royal and regular CFX. The fit and finish is better on the Royal and the load port fits tighter. The rear sights and scope rail are also different.

Regular CFX Scope Rail:

CFX Royal Scope Rail:

August 20th, 2006, 4:43 am #5

this must be an 2006 rifle because you are not the first to see this from Gamo, looks like they are useing a standard Shadow breach and adding the aluminum rail to it. last two numbers of the SN should be 06 = 2006 rifle.
machined than a S1k.

August 20th, 2006, 12:48 pm #6

My CFX Royal (16J as sold in Britain) is according to its serial number a "2004" model but its rail is identical to that of the 440, not like shown in the picture.

August 20th, 2006, 1:42 pm #7

I ordered and received a new CF-X from Cabelas a couple of weeks ago and mine has the grooved received with the rail installed on top (Kens 2nd picture-Royal Frame?). My rifle also is a 2006 rifle if the last two digits (06) of the serial # do in fact designate the year of production. At first I was concerned that the rail wasn't welded on like all the others I had seen, however after shooting it quite a bit it is still right where it's supposed to be and shows no sign of loosening. I should add that I immediately emailed GAMO to ask about the rail but have yet to get any reply.
Last edited by longislandhunter on August 20th, 2006, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 20th, 2006, 2:27 pm #8

can let us know tmo which scope rail looks more like your SCI. Aside from wooden stock there are some other differences between a Royal and regular CFX. The fit and finish is better on the Royal and the load port fits tighter. The rear sights and scope rail are also different.

Regular CFX Scope Rail:

CFX Royal Scope Rail:

Mine is exactly like the "Royal" pictures. Well, not exactly, I don't have the scope stop yet. Is this a good thing?

August 20th, 2006, 2:51 pm #9

My CFX Royal (16J as sold in Britain) is according to its serial number a "2004" model but its rail is identical to that of the 440, not like shown in the picture.
It should say "CFX Royal" on the receiver. It would be way more trouble and expense than its worth for Gamo to use a Shadow receiver tube. CFX tube is longer, holes don't line up- the whole breech end is capped completely differently.
Last edited by kenatthefarm on August 20th, 2006, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 20th, 2006, 3:25 pm #10

It's a CFX Royal for sure, Ken, and - just went and double checked - but its rail is identical to that of the 440.

The "regular" CFX rail in your picture looks the same too, apart from that pin.

I do wonder if the trigger unit was deliberately selected to be better on the Royal versions or if it's just luck that the trigger on my CFXr is actually good enough that I wouldn't want to change it, although I'll probably get one of the third-party triggers for my gasram converted 440.