Question for all of you perfectionists, Any recommendation for stock repair refinish guru

Question for all of you perfectionists, Any recommendation for stock repair refinish guru

April 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm #1

in US? I have read few posts on yellow and also wanted to ask again if any of you have had good experience getting your stock repaired and or refinished for reasonable cost. Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thanks

April 18th, 2017, 3:27 pm #2

He repaired many of my stocks. He is not only experienced but gifted. Go onto the Dealer BOI (DBOI) and read some of the reviews about Doug's excellent work. Here's a link to his website:

http://www.damagedwoodstocks.info/

April 18th, 2017, 5:33 pm #3

Luckily no need to repair anything it is just few pressure dents and refinishing that I need to get in touch with him about.
Thanks Klentz for the link.
The prices I have checked else where some are sky rocketing for refinishing only and if the the stock is chequered then it would be twice as much. Well I would still appreciate other thoughts or suggestions.

April 18th, 2017, 5:46 pm #4

Did a very fair job on my FWB. I don't know if he is formally in that business or not, but you could inquire.

April 18th, 2017, 6:19 pm #5

in US? I have read few posts on yellow and also wanted to ask again if any of you have had good experience getting your stock repaired and or refinished for reasonable cost. Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thanks
A VERY nice individual, he seems unintimidated by my requests- degrease 40 years of oil and grime to lighten the wood (color), touch-up damaged checkering and clean-up checkering borders, attach a grip-cap and shape it to my preferences (using the Cocobolo rosewood I supplied), and refinish the stock to my (satin luster) preference.

Doug also gave me a firm, REASONABLE price and turn-around estimate based on our conversation and excellent photos I sent of my stock. He's very communicative, agreeable and expert at what he does.

April 18th, 2017, 7:02 pm #6

Joe Rhea , nt

April 18th, 2017, 8:05 pm #7

A VERY nice individual, he seems unintimidated by my requests- degrease 40 years of oil and grime to lighten the wood (color), touch-up damaged checkering and clean-up checkering borders, attach a grip-cap and shape it to my preferences (using the Cocobolo rosewood I supplied), and refinish the stock to my (satin luster) preference.

Doug also gave me a firm, REASONABLE price and turn-around estimate based on our conversation and excellent photos I sent of my stock. He's very communicative, agreeable and expert at what he does.
everybody else 's input. I would most definitely email him with the photos to get a quote and take it from there since he has been approved for quality work and customer satisfaction.

April 18th, 2017, 10:00 pm #8

He repaired many of my stocks. He is not only experienced but gifted. Go onto the Dealer BOI (DBOI) and read some of the reviews about Doug's excellent work. Here's a link to his website:

http://www.damagedwoodstocks.info/
I am so glad to hear from one of the OG members. I was beginning to think I was one of the last ole Dinosaurs left on the 'Post to Reply' screen.
Hope you are doing well.
doug,P.

April 19th, 2017, 12:50 am #9

he did a shotgun stock for me that was an absolute nightmare of a fix. All in good time with reasonable pricing.
I would go to Doug anytime I have a stock issue.
Great communication and excellent work/craftsmanship.

April 19th, 2017, 11:43 pm #10

He did a couple of my airgun stocks.
One was a real disaster...both turned out great and I was super happy!