Quest Maker ?

Quest Maker ?

February 15th, 2007, 3:23 pm #1

Howdy Gents:
Name is Curtis, am new to this forum, would like to know if the Crosman break bbl Quest, is
made by Gamo?
I have several "high end" air Rifles, but I purchased the little rifle becase it has (to me) a nice looking stock shape, I've always loved the classic configuration.
Sorry! rambling: one more!, is the Rem Summit, a Gamo product?
Good Shooting All
Thanks
Curtis

February 15th, 2007, 4:15 pm #2

nt

February 15th, 2007, 5:25 pm #3

Howdy Gents:
Name is Curtis, am new to this forum, would like to know if the Crosman break bbl Quest, is
made by Gamo?
I have several "high end" air Rifles, but I purchased the little rifle becase it has (to me) a nice looking stock shape, I've always loved the classic configuration.
Good Shooting All
Thanks
Curtis
<P>The Quest is a Chineses copy of a Gamo 22 Hunter.</P>
<P>It's a nice little rifle and shoots decent, the best thing is if you break something, parts are easy to get from Crossman and the prices are very reasonable, and they have a flat 4 dollar shipping charge.</P>
<P>Enjoy the rifle it will smooth out a bunch with the more pellets you shoot.</P>
<P>Any questions you might have just ask and there is always somebody around that has the problem or knows what to do.</P>
<P> </P>
<P align=left> </P>

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/

February 15th, 2007, 7:49 pm #4

February 16th, 2007, 5:37 am #5

Howdy Gents:
made by Gamo?
Good Shooting All
Thanks
Curtis
Is made in China for Crosman. It is a B19. I have one and the spring just broke, less than a year, awaiting a new one from Crosman.. Very well made inside. Does not require much deburring at all.. The piston seal will swivel as will a short guide on the piston end. Enables the spring to twist without torque felt in the rifle. Good idea I think. FN....

February 16th, 2007, 4:34 pm #6

Howdy Gents:
made by Gamo?
Good Shooting All
Thanks
Curtis
Thanks Very Much guys!
I like the looks of the Summit stock, just wondering if the rifle is worth the price.
Thanks Again
Good Shooting
Curtis

February 17th, 2007, 3:00 am #7

Save 50 dollars on the Remington Summit and by the same gun from Wal-Mart named Sierra Pro. It is the Remington Summit with a site on the muzzle instead of a muzzle break. Wal-mart has them special made just for Wal-mart branded as the Sierra Pro.

I have one that I paid $149 for. It comes with a nice 3-9/40 AO scope.

The great thing with the Sierra Pro version is that since they have plenty at Walmart, and since Chinese air guns have hit or miss quality, you can exchange it quickly if you get a dud.

For the money, I don't think you can go wrong.

February 17th, 2007, 2:06 pm #8

Howdy Gents:
made by Gamo?
Good Shooting All
Thanks
Curtis
rifle for the less that $100 spent which included a cheap Crosman scope. Here's a pic of the gun wearing a 6x Burris scope since it was better for shooting groups than the 4x Crosman that came with the gun.

I haven't had a chance to test it at longer ranges yet but here is a target shot at 11 yards in the basement after the initial dieseling had quit.

The trigger is pretty hard with a lot of travel (compared to my German guns) and I did notice that my grouping got better as I got used to the trigger. Concerning the trigger, NC Steve has posted a relatively simple way to turn the Quest trigger into a lighter two stage trigger with a small screw, nut and spring fitted into the trigger block. I haven't had the time to do the mod since I just received the screws and nuts yesterday (I already have the small springs).

My particular gun was very powerful as it came from the box, and after a few dozen dieseling shots that burned off the excess factory lube. After settling down the gun shot CPLs at a very respectable 910 fps and it does seem to do so pretty accurately but I won't know for sure till "ice out" in WV and I can do some 30 yard grouping. Initially I'm very pleased with my Crosman rebadged Chinese clone of the Gamo 220!

Anywhoo......since I home tune all my springers (even my German ones) I have my Quest in pieces and I was pretty impressed with the fit and finish of this sub $100 rebadged B19 which is a Chinese copy of the Gamo 220.

A few of the Quest parts and the good thing is that parts are available from Crosman (or so I've read) if needed. As you can see in the pic, my particular gun came from the factory with an "installation induced" piston seal nick which is PROBABLY the reason it took a couple dozen shots to burn off the excess factory lube that got past the seal into the compression area of the receiver. Actually, I'm impressed that the gun shot as accurately as it did considering the condition of the piston seal. By the way, with my multi hundred dollar German R9s I have also found piston seals that were cut when factory installed so this phenomena isn't just a "feature" of a few cheap Chinese clones. As I mentioned, parts such as piston seals are available and relatively cheap from Crosman so the nicked seal isn't a biggy to me.