QB57 Question...

December 23rd, 2015, 3:41 pm #1

For some reason I like this gun....I don't need this gun...but want one...before their gone... ...Mr. Archer is out of guns...plan is to purchase barrel(22) from Archers and gun (177) from Airgun Depot...any reason I shouldn't buy this gun...heck its only money..Happy Holidays..

December 23rd, 2015, 6:05 pm #2

You are not truly into old chinese air guns without one. I had two, sold one and just bought one of Steve's last .22 57's and a .177 barrel. The ones AOA have look like the newer one in a box, no case, no scope. Scope was'nt much anyway.

Pistol scope works good on them. I found with a regular rifle scope and a off set mount still does'nt give me good eye relief. On my old .22 57 I use two scope rings in front of the adjusting turrets. Works perfect.

Had to have one to go with my B3's, 2's and 1's. Also my B6Z bull pup and my two Ts45's and three B3-1 AK's and the B4-1 side lever and the Fastdeer. Of course a QB58 when Steve had them awhile back. And my favorites two XS B4-2's and a Bam B4. Still looking for a QB6 and B30 and 40. You need to catch up. One of the B4-2's is a paint ball buster at 25 yards. I won hitting the first 3 in a row. My fault I missed the 4th. Other guy's were shootin' Gamo's and Benjamin's and Hatsan's.

First one I got from Archer I got the other barrel. Barrels wouldn't stay tight so I blue lock tight the .177 barrel and when Steve still had the parts built another gun for the .22 barrel. Cost more than the gun but it was fun. Blue varnish on the .177 stock, light oak on the .22. Sold the blue .177 to a buddy who had to have it.

Took the iron sights off the light oak .22 and put one of Archer's muzzle weights on it and it's got a TF 3-7X32 AO scope. It has a leather piston seal because before I put it together I used the poly seal in one of my B3-1AK's I was rebuilding at the time. It shoots about 480fps instead of the normal 520. The .177's will shoot about 650.

I've heard plumber's tape on the threads will keep the barrels tight and will still be easy to get off. The ones I blue lock tight ain't comin' off.

Yeah, you need one. Maybe two. And you might still be able to get a B5-1 AK from mrod.com if you think you might want one.

Later, Tim.

December 23rd, 2015, 7:26 pm #3

Hi Tim Would you happened to have the Iron sights from the 57 would you? I need a front sight Would you want to sale it I need one to finish mine off to make it complete. Or maybe someone else might have one Thanks Tom Mace

December 23rd, 2015, 8:34 pm #4

Send me an address to lefteyshot@gmail.com and I'll send them to you. You can have'em.

December 23rd, 2015, 9:10 pm #5

For some reason I like this gun....I don't need this gun...but want one...before their gone... ...Mr. Archer is out of guns...plan is to purchase barrel(22) from Archers and gun (177) from Airgun Depot...any reason I shouldn't buy this gun...heck its only money..Happy Holidays..
The only airgun I "needed" was really the first one I bought. I would love to see the dollars for all the ones since in a single pile.

You just don't know you need the '57 until you get it off the truck. There is nothing quite like it.

There are no reasons not to buy it. There are many reasons to work on it, after it arrives. This is one of the easiest-ever airguns to break down and improve, and extremely well-documented. And soon there won't be anymore You can sell it easily if it doesn't work out.

December 23rd, 2015, 10:37 pm #6

Just placed the orders....should compliment the AR2078 and QB78Deluxe.....many thanks and Happy Holidays

December 24th, 2015, 12:48 am #7

Send me an address to lefteyshot@gmail.com and I'll send them to you. You can have'em.
Hi Tim Thanks I just want to keep my QB57 as complete I Have had this for about4 years and never shot the 177 barrel It came to me with out the sight I just though that it should have the whole gun. Tom Mace 8354 White Rd. Phelan Ca. 92371 Have a Merry Christmas Tom Mace

December 24th, 2015, 6:48 am #8

I'll get'em in the mail to you so as can.

December 24th, 2015, 7:10 am #9

The only airgun I "needed" was really the first one I bought. I would love to see the dollars for all the ones since in a single pile.

You just don't know you need the '57 until you get it off the truck. There is nothing quite like it.

There are no reasons not to buy it. There are many reasons to work on it, after it arrives. This is one of the easiest-ever airguns to break down and improve, and extremely well-documented. And soon there won't be anymore You can sell it easily if it doesn't work out.
I have probably spent $6000 or more in the last three years on this stuff. I haven't counted lately but there's at least 45 air rifles here in the man cave and that's the ones in one piece and shooting. And this started out with a Walmart Beeman RS2 dual cal. just to learn to shoot left handed after my right eye burst a vien on the retina. (Blank spot where I focused on the sights). Miss Baby, says it's still less than my bar tab use to be. I"m not sure she actually knows how much I use to drink. (Well, $6000 is what I tell her.) She says she like the mood I'm in after 3 or 4 hours shooting out back. This is good stuff guys.

December 24th, 2015, 7:13 am #10

Just placed the orders....should compliment the AR2078 and QB78Deluxe.....many thanks and Happy Holidays
you gonna' like it.