QB57 Optics.....

December 30th, 2015, 3:05 pm #1

Well winter storm has held up delivery of my QB57(hope everybody survives)..so while I twiddle my fingers thought I would ask...which works best pistol or rifle scope(got both)...many thanks and Happy New Year...

December 30th, 2015, 4:01 pm #2

Read a post here long ago about adjusting parallax and focus by unscrewing the lenses (tiny hex screw), so for like $25 that's what I did. Far better than the toy scope and still works, albeit without a whole lot of shooting. I was just thinking about moving it to a 1377 for a loaner.

It shot pretty well, but even after a home lube tune, the '57 is a bit of a thumper and would likely destroy it soon.

I have never tried a compact Bugbuster but was thinking about it for this very purpose.

December 30th, 2015, 7:51 pm #3

Well winter storm has held up delivery of my QB57(hope everybody survives)..so while I twiddle my fingers thought I would ask...which works best pistol or rifle scope(got both)...many thanks and Happy New Year...
I've had a pistol scope on my 57. Works okay. I prefer a rifle scope but even a off set mount with 1 1/2 inches off set did not give good eye relief for me. On my .22 57 I have a 3-7X32AO scope with two scope rings in front of the adjusting turrets. It's real comfortable shooting. I don't have to stretch my neck to get a good sight picture. Just got a new 57 with both barrels. Got the stocks off to refinish right now and have already removed the muzzle break to put on barrel weights and plan to mount scopes on both barrels the way I described. Later, Tim.

December 30th, 2015, 9:58 pm #4

Ive read where folks like to refinish the stocks on Industry brand guns...the finish on my AR and QB look good to me..do some come with bad finish..or is this something folks like to do..and would like to see pix of scopes when mounted...many thanks

December 30th, 2015, 10:47 pm #5

Centerpoint 3x9x32 and a single mount. I pushed the mount back with only the front two screws holding which gave me better eye relief. I shot it a year before I sold it and it never shook off the scope. I tuned mine myself and it was a sweet shooter with a mild shot cycle. It was a .22 caliber.

December 31st, 2015, 5:24 am #6

One mount will work fine.

December 31st, 2015, 5:39 am #7

Ive read where folks like to refinish the stocks on Industry brand guns...the finish on my AR and QB look good to me..do some come with bad finish..or is this something folks like to do..and would like to see pix of scopes when mounted...many thanks
The finish is fine on mine I don't care for the dark brown finish on the IB's especially when they chip. I prefer a light oak color with the poly mixed in. This isn't fine furniture. Never post a pic on the chinese or yellow forum, I'll give it a try.

January 1st, 2016, 7:37 am #8

But then I've done a lot of other modifications such that it's not so much a QB57 any more. Not even a bullpup. But as a collapsible wire-stocked carbine it suits me better, gets my ear behind the cylinder instead of against it so that's a lot less uncomfortable. I made an alumimum block curved to fit the cylinder, bored an extra mounting hole and tapped it into the heavy steel at the front and mounted the thing with a couple of strong bolts and Loc-tite. Machined the top surface for the 4 pins used in mounting a Fastfire plus the two tiny threaded holes for the little Torx screws. Solid as if it were part of the airgun, and the Fastfire's little dot is about the same level of precision as the 57 itself, which is to say not great but good enough for fun plinking out to maybe 30 metres. And it's a lot more compact with the tiny red dot on than with a scope, making it more practical for shoving into a day pack.

January 1st, 2016, 8:59 pm #9

I have tried the pistol scope but I wasn't satisfied, on my creation I substituted the rail for a 1022 combo one then used a Tufforce offset mount, no problems yet and then a person can use what ever scope they want. Thats a 4x32 Barska $49 special, has held up for years on several different rifles.[/IMG]

January 1st, 2016, 9:30 pm #10

At the moment Im using a BSA red dot...but its sliding on the dovetail...have a fix for that..I will be eventually going with a scope....thanks for the replies