Pumped Up The QB79 Last Night .. Wow !

December 19th, 2015, 12:54 pm #1

Pumped up my .22 cal QB79 to 2500psi last night ... man alive over 200+ pumps ! Left the gun cocked as last time I did not and the air leaked out over night ; - ( ... this time it held ;- )

Did no mods to the gun, just like I got it from Archer Airguns. Has a very nice 4x UTG AO mil-dot scope on it, (I love this scope and have ordered a few more as it is built like a little tank) it is very clear and perfect for a single sight in range, and use the Mil Dots for elevation scope. I have this scope on my Hatsan Vortex Edge and one of my Hatsan 95's and they are fantastic for my use.

I'll probably sight this is at the 35 yard range and leave it there for right now. I may do a couple of simple mods to get speed in the 750fps area after playing around a bit and doing a little more talking on how to do the mods ... as of now I don't even know what the parts are they are talking about ;- ) I plan on using pellets that are 14.3gr (Crosman Premiers, CPHP or Piranha's, which ever shoots best).

I'll take the .22 Hatsan Edge with me today (in case a starling lands in a reasonable range) and my .22 cal QB78, to finish off the CO2, if it is still in the gun ?

wll2506

December 19th, 2015, 7:42 pm #2

I had pumped it up to about 2500psi and I don't know how many shots I got out of it before the gauge read about 1000+ and I stopped shooting.(I'm guessing 40 shots ?) As a store bought gun, without major internal work done I was very pleased with this gun, the trigger is OK and it most assuredly has power for starlings in the 35+ yard range. I sighted in at 35 yds, and that was it ?

I then shot my QB78, with CO2 cartridges still left in from two weeks ago, and she was shooting great, She was sending those pellets out at a good enough speed after all this time for sparrows and starlings at 25+ yards range... again, I was very, very impressed with these little Chinese guns .. they really are fun to shoot, and accurate too. I was just shooting CPHP's and they shot just fine ;- )

I'll be back at it later today ;- )

wll

December 24th, 2015, 2:24 am #3

Pumped up my .22 cal QB79 to 2500psi last night ... man alive over 200+ pumps ! Left the gun cocked as last time I did not and the air leaked out over night ; - ( ... this time it held ;- )

Did no mods to the gun, just like I got it from Archer Airguns. Has a very nice 4x UTG AO mil-dot scope on it, (I love this scope and have ordered a few more as it is built like a little tank) it is very clear and perfect for a single sight in range, and use the Mil Dots for elevation scope. I have this scope on my Hatsan Vortex Edge and one of my Hatsan 95's and they are fantastic for my use.

I'll probably sight this is at the 35 yard range and leave it there for right now. I may do a couple of simple mods to get speed in the 750fps area after playing around a bit and doing a little more talking on how to do the mods ... as of now I don't even know what the parts are they are talking about ;- ) I plan on using pellets that are 14.3gr (Crosman Premiers, CPHP or Piranha's, which ever shoots best).

I'll take the .22 Hatsan Edge with me today (in case a starling lands in a reasonable range) and my .22 cal QB78, to finish off the CO2, if it is still in the gun ?

wll2506
The CPHP are favorite standby, but lately the Gamo Magnums and the Superpoints are really shooting well through my QB79 with the 1100 psi air bottle. At 35 yards, I am quite impressed.

I have a pump, but my scuba tank is awesome, not to mention easy. LoL I am getting over 120 shots with a full bottle.

Have not tried it with co2 yet.

Keep firing.

December 24th, 2015, 4:28 pm #4

But stretch your facial muscles in advance.

Because it just may shoot like my son's rifle.

43 yards...

or a 5-shot group at 25 yards that held the pellet in the paper...

December 25th, 2015, 2:25 am #5

That is off the charts accurate ;- ) Nice shooting !

wll

December 28th, 2015, 5:35 am #6

I have only found one pellet it doesn't like, lol.
But I I'll try some of those, too.
Thank you