Powerfull Car Gun !

January 1st, 2016, 9:32 pm #1

Looking at a "CAR" gun that has big time power ... small time price ;- )

If I bought a QB79 and cut the barrel to 14" long, that would halfway work, then I would need to greatly shorten the stock to a pistol grip and use a pistol scope ? That would give me 3000psi is a reasonable short gun, I would have to put a moderator on it as I'm sure it would be loud as heck.

What have you guys done when wanting a smaller "CAR" gun but did not want to spend big bucks on a dedicated PCP pistol ? This is not only for car use when it is cold as heck outside and your can stay in a warm car, but also for hiking around with a little powerhouse. I would make this gun in .22 caliber, and how much power do you think i will loose with a 14" barrel ?

wll2506

January 1st, 2016, 10:22 pm #2

What's big time power to u ? The qb79 doesn't have it.

January 1st, 2016, 10:40 pm #3

If I bought a QB79 and cut the barrel to 14" long, that would halfway work, then I would need to greatly shorten the stock to a pistol grip and use a pistol scope ? That would give me 3000psi is a reasonable short gun, I would have to put a moderator on it as I'm sure it would be loud as heck.

What have you guys done when wanting a smaller "CAR" gun but did not want to spend big bucks on a dedicated PCP pistol ? This is not only for car use when it is cold as heck outside and your can stay in a warm car, but also for hiking around with a little powerhouse. I would make this gun in .22 caliber, and how much power do you think i will loose with a 14" barrel ?

wll2506

I've turned a few QB's into pistols, and did this .22 QB for a buddy as a field target pistol. It gets close to 12 foot pounds, but is a big handgun. Not sure how hot one could be made to shoot.

I've converted more Crosman 180s into pistols of different configurations, including Co2 cartridge, bulk-fill Co2, bulk-fill HPA and regulated bottle HPA. The reason I prefer 180s for pistol conversions is because the actions are shorter than QBs, so they make shorter pistols.

To make as short as possible regulated-HPA-bottle pistol I used a .22 Crosman 180 and a SHORTER (than HPA bottles) Co2 bottle on this gun. Keeping the air fill on the Co2 bottle to 2000 PSI maximum, this pistol gets about 20 shots with 14.3 JSB Express at 630 FPS/ 12.6 FP. It averages .70" c-t-c five-shot groups at 25 yards and less than 1.5" at 50.

January 2nd, 2016, 12:03 am #4

Great job, i

That is exactly what I talking about, did you use the original stock and just cut it down and customize it

Man alive that gun is perfect, I need to make one, again very nice !

wll2506

January 2nd, 2016, 1:55 am #5

wll2506

only about 12 ft/lbs on co2

January 2nd, 2016, 2:36 am #6

does it only hold one CO2 ?

What length barrel, and what adapter in the front tube ?

wll2596

January 2nd, 2016, 2:57 am #7

wll2506

Built this a couple years back, started life as a QB 78. Don't remember the specs, I gave it away shortly after I finished it. Thinking I might have to do another one soon . Later.

Dave

January 2nd, 2016, 4:06 am #8

does it only hold one CO2 ?

What length barrel, and what adapter in the front tube ?

wll2596
which is held on with pin and super magnet. Barrel is a graphite fiber golf club shaft tensioning a crosman 2200 soda straw barrel liner. 14" barrel, I think, that's a stock QB 78 gas tube.

January 2nd, 2016, 4:26 am #9

Great job, i

That is exactly what I talking about, did you use the original stock and just cut it down and customize it

Man alive that gun is perfect, I need to make one, again very nice !

wll2506
Yep, just whittled the original stock. nt

January 2nd, 2016, 10:10 am #10

Built this a couple years back, started life as a QB 78. Don't remember the specs, I gave it away shortly after I finished it. Thinking I might have to do another one soon . Later.

Dave
is that grip made from the original stock ?

wll2506