Potential rich in mich questions Gamo barrel removal

Potential rich in mich questions Gamo barrel removal

September 4th, 2010, 4:43 am #1

I have seen posts not sure where, that say that the new cfx's can't be modified for a gas ram from pyramid air because of the plastic trigger?That can't be the only reason...right?

It must be something else too.Plus I see someone put a theoben gas ram into a cfx is it one of the new cfx's?

Finaly from a twang stand point gammo must have drasticaly reduced this with there plastic coated barrels but i was wondering if a new barrel can be put into the pivot block of a gammo nitro 17,and others like a new cfx) i have 20cal barrels.Thanks Alex

September 4th, 2010, 9:43 pm #2

<p>The CFX has the same internal parts as all the other gamo's other than the lower powered rifles, but I have not seen one of the new rifles with the different triggers so I can't say on those but ALL the others take a ram with out problems.</p><p>Plastic barrels have NO EFFECT on twang it's the spring and guide that twang not the type of barrel  and they CAN NOT be replaced sorry, you got a plastic barrled Gamo your stuck with a plastic barrel.</p><p> </p><p>Putting a .20 barrel in a CFX is a big problem because you also have to rework the loading block to even load it, I have one with a .20 barrel and it shoots super but a pain in the butt to load because of the loading tray, it just did not come out right and pellets tend to stick in the block.</p><p> </p>

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/

September 5th, 2010, 5:42 am #3

I did not think the plastic would have no effect on the barrel/twang?.I wonder why they did it they cernainly look cool and ofcourse the durability keeping the barrel out fo the elements. One question...Does the nitro 17 have the same internals as a cfx so it would qualify for a ram piston mod?Or is it in the lower power catagory.thanks alex

September 5th, 2010, 2:51 pm #4

They just need a barrel liner. Plus they can mold the outer shape to make them look cool, etc.

There's a good post here on the plastic trigger mechanism. From what I've read, you can't retrofit an older trigger due to some internal design changes. This might interfere with current ram applications.

September 5th, 2010, 5:40 pm #5

I did not think the plastic would have no effect on the barrel/twang?.I wonder why they did it they cernainly look cool and ofcourse the durability keeping the barrel out fo the elements. One question...Does the nitro 17 have the same internals as a cfx so it would qualify for a ram piston mod?Or is it in the lower power catagory.thanks alex
<p>has the same diameters and such but is a shorter stroke of the piston  hence reduced power, the piston, spring are shorter also. Nothing inter changes with the bigger rifles other than the compression seal.</p><p> </p>

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/
Last edited by peterdragin on September 5th, 2010, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.