Peter/Rada/Bori (PRB) Field Target Rifle, 1st Look

Peter/Rada/Bori (PRB) Field Target Rifle, 1st Look

September 26th, 2011, 10:08 pm #1

<p>As I stated in another thread, this is my leap of faith; a Metal Framed field target rifle built by Bori and his sons at Topgun-Airguns.  Not much to to tell, as I just unwrapped it and grabbed some stills to share with the forum:</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p>
Last edited by DRAGON-64 on September 27th, 2011, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 26th, 2011, 10:35 pm #2

I thought it was one of mine by the heading of the post. Same initials!

Paul Raymond Bishop
http://paulbcustomstock.weebly.com/

September 27th, 2011, 1:37 am #3

<p>As I stated in another thread, this is my leap of faith; a Metal Framed field target rifle built by Bori and his sons at Topgun-Airguns.  Not much to to tell, as I just unwrapped it and grabbed some stills to share with the forum:</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p>
Is that an Air Arms S400 style action with their new sidelever breech? That looks like a formidable setup and if it as half as accurate as the S400E I used to have it will probably be tackdriver accurate. Nice looking stock too. Is this something they are gonna be offering for sale or a project to pass the time? Nice...peace

Pete

Pete Matos
865-363-9218
Matospeter@charter.net
Safe Journey Space Fans, Wherever you are....

September 27th, 2011, 2:07 am #4

<p>Yes, this rifle is based on an S400 action and MPR FT trigger group.  Here is the website:</p><p>http://topgun-airguns.com/metal-stocks.html</p><p>So far the only issue is the cheek weld... The base that the cheek riser and butt stock are mounted too, is made for the right hand... and I shoot lefty... simple fix, if Topgun has a lefty style piece.</p><p> </p>

September 27th, 2011, 11:14 am #5

Johnnie, that looks great. Can't wait to see it at a future match. Is is regulated?

----------------------------
The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

September 27th, 2011, 11:52 am #6

The action is merely a stock S400, so I would venture to say unregulated.  I have a few minor issues to get ironed out, and we'll see if it will make it out to play...

September 27th, 2011, 2:35 pm #7

I thought it was one of mine by the heading of the post. Same initials!

Paul Raymond Bishop
http://paulbcustomstock.weebly.com/
I can see where that might raise a concern... I edited the title accordingly.

September 27th, 2011, 3:50 pm #8

The action is merely a stock S400, so I would venture to say unregulated.  I have a few minor issues to get ironed out, and we'll see if it will make it out to play...
only reads about 140 bar and I fill to 3100.

Head Gopher and Assistant
Match Director Ashland Air Rifle Range
Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle

September 27th, 2011, 4:57 pm #9

...as BAR measurements are still in the catagory of metric to me.  But I am fairly confident without having the rifle in front of me, that it is unregulated.  Obviously an upgrade I would consider for future reference.

September 27th, 2011, 6:37 pm #10

read about 200 bar when full. Of course, not all gauges are created equal. Mine is
a little off, not by much.
If you have been shooting lefty, why not just give it a go? You are already used to
left eye/left trigger finger. Pretty late in the game to change.
Love the stock. Good luck.

Head Gopher and Assistant
Match Director Ashland Air Rifle Range
Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle