Performance Record

Performance Record

June 25th, 2008, 3:56 pm #1

Results tell the story behind any innovation and it's commercial success in the marketplace will be a function of those results. Few people bank on hype since it is about the last thing that brings people satisfaction.
How long does it last?
How many Championships has it been used to win?
How is it priced compared to the competition?
What is the quality of the fit and finish?
What is the backing like from the manufacturer?
What is the power, velocity and shot count?
How does it rate in customer satisfaction?
How is the efficientcy and useability?
What is the resale value like?
How accurate is it?
How consistent is it from one example to the next?
How does it balance?

These dozen criteria are far more important than if someone has eeked out greater efficiency by a few percent. What people want is reliable & accurate airguns that get gobs of shots per fill and gobs of fills per tank.

The 900 LD's out there and 120 US FT's/Hunters are a testament to what works for the long haul. Proudly USA made & backed.

I thank all those that have used my gear to get it done. Competition is good.

"NO GUNS WOULD BE A RIOT"

Later

Tim
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Arial, Times New Roman">
Mac1 Airgun
</font>

June 25th, 2008, 5:02 pm #2

No fair peeking before you've made your guess.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... roperty%21

Steve

June 25th, 2008, 5:11 pm #3

innovations can be stolen. Your GTX trigger is a perfect example. Tim has several innovations the corporations just took with out paying and trying to get justice from them just cost to much. I am sure getting an attorney to go after the guy who stole your trigger design is in the same category.

Tim is like many who create. You make it the best you can and make as many as you can before someone rips you off and sells it for less. Many of us like to buy things from the originators and not the imitators. So while he does innovate it is for his customers and not for a corporation.

Adam in SoCal
www.talonairgun.com

"Those who have no sense of humor run the risk of having jokes made at their expense"

June 25th, 2008, 5:19 pm #4

Results tell the story behind any innovation and it's commercial success in the marketplace will be a function of those results. Few people bank on hype since it is about the last thing that brings people satisfaction.
How long does it last?
How many Championships has it been used to win?
How is it priced compared to the competition?
What is the quality of the fit and finish?
What is the backing like from the manufacturer?
What is the power, velocity and shot count?
How does it rate in customer satisfaction?
How is the efficientcy and useability?
What is the resale value like?
How accurate is it?
How consistent is it from one example to the next?
How does it balance?

These dozen criteria are far more important than if someone has eeked out greater efficiency by a few percent. What people want is reliable & accurate airguns that get gobs of shots per fill and gobs of fills per tank.

The 900 LD's out there and 120 US FT's/Hunters are a testament to what works for the long haul. Proudly USA made & backed.

I thank all those that have used my gear to get it done. Competition is good.

Later

Tim
Mac1 Airgun
</font>
I love your products and the care that goes into them. I cannot tell you how many thousads of rounds I have down the tube of my 2 L.Ds and my custom QB. Your products are just the cats meow. Yea you get backed up from time to time. But when your the best there is at what you do, that happens sometimes.
I need a USFT bad but the wife insisit I have enough toys already!!!! hahaha
Thanks for what you do so well. Kind regards and if you see Larry and his wife give them a huge hug from Me. Rock on my friend.......Ron

June 25th, 2008, 5:30 pm #5

innovations can be stolen. Your GTX trigger is a perfect example. Tim has several innovations the corporations just took with out paying and trying to get justice from them just cost to much. I am sure getting an attorney to go after the guy who stole your trigger design is in the same category.

Tim is like many who create. You make it the best you can and make as many as you can before someone rips you off and sells it for less. Many of us like to buy things from the originators and not the imitators. So while he does innovate it is for his customers and not for a corporation.

Adam in SoCal
www.talonairgun.com

"Those who have no sense of humor run the risk of having jokes made at their expense"
...for the innovations of others, and don't usually go out of their way to make content-free and unprovoked put-downs.

Don't you find that to be true?

Steve

June 25th, 2008, 6:04 pm #6

for innovators as well,mainly because he benefits from the work those gifted individuals perform. However, some innovators have short memories, correct Steve? Any idea how many times I've read your attempts to pick fights with Tim, or beat some dead horse into pulp?(Debouncing springers). Credibility lies with accomplishment, not endless talk or intellectual prowess, and you sir cannot hold a candle to Tim McMurray when the topic of accomplishment is at the forefront.Long live the Steroid/Billet,the LD,the USFT,etc!

"See how they bait their trap?"
Determination that is incorruptible.

June 25th, 2008, 6:05 pm #7

...for the innovations of others, and don't usually go out of their way to make content-free and unprovoked put-downs.

Steve
You get what you give in this world and when you demean others continually you get what you deserve.
Try respecting others before you expect it from them.

Later

Tim
Mac1 Airgun
</font>

June 25th, 2008, 6:05 pm #8

Steve
As long as I can get quality products and my selfish needs needs are met, I am good to go...LOL

We all can strap on the gloves and butt heads but I love it how we can now get what we need for our airgun hobby rather easily. Trying to find what I need for my airgun 25 years ago was a real pain.

Adam in SoCal
www.talonairgun.com

June 25th, 2008, 6:57 pm #9

You get what you give in this world and when you demean others continually you get what you deserve.

Later

Tim
Mac1 Airgun
</font>
<P>I agree.</P>
<P>David Enoch</P>

June 25th, 2008, 8:09 pm #10

Later

Tim
Mac1 Airgun
</font>
Devaluing and disrespecting abilities that one lacks is a very common thing.

Steve