Below are the match results from this past Saturday. We set the match up a little different in that we had a pistol course set up with the rifle course so everyone had a choice to shoot either a pistol or a rifle. It is too hot to hold a separate pistol match after the rifle match. Since we had targets set up for pistol and rifle I had a fun class and just let the people in that class shoot at whatever targets they wanted. I think the idea to set up two courses and shoot them at the same time is not a bad one but I figured out I needed more targets with bigger kill zones before I try this again. I did not run a Troyer on pistol or rifle but I figure it was past 30 for both and the scores reflected that. Congrats to Brad Vanpool for the top score of the day. Congrats to Kevin Enzian for the top pistol score. One more guy to mention is Matt Sawyer. Matt showed up and realized he forgot the bolts to put his rifle stock on so I let him use my LH Daystate CRX. He did very well with it considering he had never shot the rifle and shot it right handed. Just shows it's the guy pulling the trigger more than the rifle attached to the trigger.
PECAN PLANTATION FIELD TARGET MATCH
July 15, 2017
1. Brad Vanpool 43/48 TM1000, Sightron 4-16x, AA 10.3 **Overall Match Winner**
2. Terry Vanpool 40/48 Steyr LG110, Falcon M-18, JSB 10.3
3. Don Carmack 35/48 AA S-500, Sightmark, AA 10.33
1. Bob Pacatte 24/48 AA TX200, Hawk 10-50x, AA 8.4
2. David Carlile 18/48 HW97, UTG 4-16x, H&N FTT
1. Jeff Cloud 37/48 Whiscombe JW50, Sightron 10-50x, JSB 8.44
2. Cliff Montgomery 28/48 Discovery, Mueller 8-32x, Sniper Medium
1. Matt Sawyer 40/48 Daystate CRX-St, Bushnell 8-32x, AA 10.33
2. Chris Simmons 35/48 TM1000, Sightron 10-50x, JSB 10.3
1. Kevin Enzian 41/48 Crosman 1720T, Accushot, AA 10.3
2. Mike Vredenburg 38/48 ??, ??, ??
3. Bob Dye 37/48 CZ200/Pardini, UTG 3-12x, AA10.3
4. Craig Martin 24/48 CZ200, UTG 3-12x, AA 10.3
Fun Class (2x1 Scoring System)
1. Caroline Martin 70/96 CZ200, 4-16x, AA 8.4
2. Brady Hardin 67/96 Maximus, ??, ??
3. Cody Brooks 54/96 Maximus, 4x, CPH
Virtually no wind until toward the end of the match. Still dripping sweat under the canopy waiting for match to begin.
Guess if it is too hot in afternoon for pistol match, providing a choice during rifle is an acceptable option. At least it was for four of us. Also provided a challenge with a couple of incorrectly placed targets. Resulted in a couple of >60 troyers.
Fun nevertheless. Thanks Craig!