PCP scuba tank?

PCP scuba tank?

March 26th, 2012, 2:53 am #1

So if I get a scuba tank. How much more stuff will I need to buy to ba able to charge my pcp gun? It has a fostner(sp?) fitting, pretty standard I believe.

March 26th, 2012, 12:43 pm #2

You can buy a yoke from most of the usual sources that has a foster fitting already installed, and you will be good to go for under $100. Just be sure to get one that has the same fitting as your tank - they come in both K and DIN valves.

March 27th, 2012, 9:08 am #3

So if I get a scuba tank. How much more stuff will I need to buy to ba able to charge my pcp gun? It has a fostner(sp?) fitting, pretty standard I believe.
i am a commercial scuba diver, best buy out there for scuba yoke rigs is joe brancato, on yellow forum

March 27th, 2012, 11:34 pm #4

Local dive store, the guy at our local shop said he could order the stuff for like $85 and he was making some money. They fill alot of paintball tanks with HPA too.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Ventu ... g_Set/2848
has a setup cheeper than Joe's. You are probably only going to be working with 3000psi why pay for the 4500 + PSI stuff. This hobby is pricy enough . Now if you are going to get a 4500 PSI tank later then definatly go with Joe.
I'm not a diver and only use mine to fill a PCP.
Take Care,
Don
Last edited by TENDERFOOT91 on March 28th, 2012, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 28th, 2012, 5:19 am #5

Thx for advice guys... nt.

March 29th, 2012, 7:09 pm #6

Local dive store, the guy at our local shop said he could order the stuff for like $85 and he was making some money. They fill alot of paintball tanks with HPA too.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Ventu ... g_Set/2848
has a setup cheeper than Joe's. You are probably only going to be working with 3000psi why pay for the 4500 + PSI stuff. This hobby is pricy enough . Now if you are going to get a 4500 PSI tank later then definatly go with Joe.
I'm not a diver and only use mine to fill a PCP.
Take Care,
Don
because one day, he'll want to work with 4500 psi stuff and either have to replace this stuff, or risk catastrophic failure. You DON'T mess with these kinds of pressures. I've seen the results of a HPA failure in an industrial setting. You would not believe the damage done. thank God no people were in that area! So don't skimp, buy the good stuff now! Joe Brancato is the best source I have found. I bought from him. It took me months to afford what I needed,. But now I don't have to worry about upgrades or safety!

Know guns, Know peace, know liberty.
No guns, no peace no liberty.

March 29th, 2012, 10:49 pm #7

If he was going to upgrade to 4500 PS I then go with joe, if not why spend the extra money? Most scuba tanks are only 3000 PSI ..... I get your point but I stand by my suggestion . IF you are going with 4500 PSI LATER then go with Joe. Their I said it again.

March 30th, 2012, 3:20 pm #8

but also i feel spending more upfront is an added measure of safety. also, we can say now, Naah, we won't need 4500psi, then a year from now, its a different story. I just feel, spend a little more now or it will cost you more later when you have to upgrade!

Know guns, Know peace, know liberty.
No guns, no peace no liberty.

March 31st, 2012, 7:35 pm #9

I said it wrong I guess. But if your unsure about pcp then why get alot invested. Then again Joe's stuff definatly holds its value also. Take care Les
Don

April 11th, 2012, 7:58 am #10

I'm 46 years old and in pretty good shape. I started out with a hand pump combo with a .177 Disco. While buying pellets at my local gun shop, I came across a used scuba being sold for $80 (and it was full of air). I bought it and then ordered a hose assembly from Joe B. (I love it). I've since added a used .22 Disco (purchased from a local friend from Yellow) so that my son and I could both shoot (pcps that is).

Well the obsession only grows and now that I've added a .25 M-ROD, the scuba isn't enough. My dive shop will fill to 3200 psi and I get maybe two fills before it's below 3000 psi. It helps that I put the HDD on the M-ROD because I get more shots now but I need to upgrade to a bigger tank (but you guessed it, I'm out of money).

If a scuba is all you can afford right now, go for it, it'll save you the workout and you'll shoot better for it. If you have the money for the larger 4500 psi carbon fiber tank, the get it - the obsession only grows...and you'll have enough air to grow with it.