Pauls airgun guy disco reveiw

Pauls airgun guy disco reveiw

April 24th, 2008, 5:27 pm #1

April 24th, 2008, 6:48 pm #2

I saw that video yesterday. It was missing some tests he usually does on past reviews. I was looking for the sound level and trigger pull force readings. I know he said he'll do another segment on this gun in the summer, but IMO this segment isn't much more than a teaser and ad for the gun. I was glad to see more of the parts of the pump though.

April 24th, 2008, 7:13 pm #3

When I saw it he did a trigger pull test of aout 3.15 pounds I believe. May be you should take another look at it. Marvin

April 24th, 2008, 8:49 pm #4

I saw that video yesterday. It was missing some tests he usually does on past reviews. I was looking for the sound level and trigger pull force readings. I know he said he'll do another segment on this gun in the summer, but IMO this segment isn't much more than a teaser and ad for the gun. I was glad to see more of the parts of the pump though.
The trigger pull tested at a hair under 4 pounds (3 lbs, 15.9 oz).

Cheers,
Todd

April 24th, 2008, 9:11 pm #5

Thanks, I somehow managed to miss that. Probably shouldn't try to watch American Idol and airgun reviews at the same time :O

April 25th, 2008, 6:12 am #6

Gun i sent back bugged me, when the rear sights where elevated it changed horizontal adj as well. The fact it shot way right didnt make me happy. Wonder if i loosened the barrel band i could have centered the thing O well still at Pyramid air.

April 25th, 2008, 12:29 pm #7

I think you might have missed what he said about the rear sight like I missed the part with the trigger pull. Can't recall what he said but seem to remember a close up shot of the rear sight with a quick comment or two. IIR it mentioned how to adjust it and that it was plastic, don't quote me though.

April 26th, 2008, 3:51 am #8

I appreciate the feedback

I'll bring out the Disco again on another episode, comparing sound levels between several PCP's perhaps, just to get a basic idea of what folks are in for as far as noise from this type of air gun.

# of Shots per-fill (Co2 and HPA) is also on the production list.

Several pellets were out of stock icluding the Discovery branded ones, so I'll also do some more chrony testing. I'm waiting on a compressor so I can show bulk fills with the Benjamin tank--man I got some work out doing that video---I forgot to mention I hand-pumped the res to FULL for each pellet in the Chrony and target tests--I did over 1,100 strokes that day...yeesh.

I'll also try to cover some mods and tweaks that you folks have done to improve this nice little rifle--suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,
Paul
Airgun Reporter

Last edited by CrimsonSky on April 26th, 2008, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 26th, 2008, 4:00 am #9

I think you might have missed what he said about the rear sight like I missed the part with the trigger pull. Can't recall what he said but seem to remember a close up shot of the rear sight with a quick comment or two. IIR it mentioned how to adjust it and that it was plastic, don't quote me though.
seemed a little small--a wider blade/notch in my opinion would help get on target easier--click adjustment knobs would have been nice too, I don't carry around a jeweler's screwdriver If they were like the rear sight on say, an RWS Panther, it would be quite an improvement--I do think the price justifies a better design.

cheers,
Paul
Airgun Reporter

April 27th, 2008, 1:07 am #10

I appreciate the feedback

I'll bring out the Disco again on another episode, comparing sound levels between several PCP's perhaps, just to get a basic idea of what folks are in for as far as noise from this type of air gun.

# of Shots per-fill (Co2 and HPA) is also on the production list.

Several pellets were out of stock icluding the Discovery branded ones, so I'll also do some more chrony testing. I'm waiting on a compressor so I can show bulk fills with the Benjamin tank--man I got some work out doing that video---I forgot to mention I hand-pumped the res to FULL for each pellet in the Chrony and target tests--I did over 1,100 strokes that day...yeesh.

I'll also try to cover some mods and tweaks that you folks have done to improve this nice little rifle--suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,
Paul
Airgun Reporter

Paul,
Didn't the noise in that enclosure seem a bit loud. If I remember right one of the Hobbies went supersonic on me. I must have put it in when the pressure was at it's sweet spot.
Great Review, again, I enjoy them all.

N.E.Dan 30+ self tuned rifles and 20+ pistols to date!!