OT Firearm Project

OT Firearm Project

October 16th, 2008, 12:24 am #1

I bought a Grizzly 4003G last year and lucked into a Super Max 9x42 milling machine back in Jan of this year. Starting to get a small clue !! My interest is almost totally BR. I am trying to get some local AGBR matches going.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

October 16th, 2008, 11:48 am #2

I think it would be cool to build a miniature 17 rimfire railgun...

http://www.benchrest.com/youngrails/

October 16th, 2008, 6:29 pm #3

Yikes, you'd think they were made of airgun-ium....the most expensive material besides unobtainium.

MM

October 18th, 2008, 4:27 pm #4

I bought a Grizzly 4003G last year and lucked into a Super Max 9x42 milling machine back in Jan of this year. Starting to get a small clue !! My interest is almost totally BR. I am trying to get some local AGBR matches going.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
That looks like some nice work altho I am not sure what the final product will look like just yet. The large aluminum block is a puzzler to me but the rest looks pretty good. Is that a sterling trigger or some other off the shelf unit that you purchased or did you machine that as well?

I have about the same lathe as the G4003 but with another name on it and I am very happy with mine thus far( about 8 years) and I would love to have a supermax knee mill, is it cnc? The benchrest airgun crowd is pretty large and I am an FT shooter as well as a budding benchrest shooter but I am still working on my airgun for Benchrest and just started machining the resorvoir tubing this past week. It will eventually be a .32 caliber rifle hopefully looking something like a barnes bench rifle such as the tundra magnum but unfortunately I lack the skills just yet to recreate something that cool. I would be very happy with a 100plus yard accurate rifle that looks kinda cool and is reliable. Time will tell. Please feel free to post progress pics of your rifle buildup as I for one am very interested in seeing the finished product. Welcome to the forum and Nice work man....peace....

Pete Matos
865-363-9218
Matospeter@charter.net
Safe Journey Space Fans, Wherever you are....

October 18th, 2008, 8:04 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I added a rail on the bottom of the 'buttstock' and made the glide plate for the forend.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

October 19th, 2008, 2:07 pm #6

I did not even see that this a FIREARM!! Man now it is coming together, did you machine that breech yourself, where is the bolt and what caliber is this baby? What is the purpose of the aluminum block in the front other than something to rest on? Keep the pics coming man I am staring to get it I think....cool project!!

Peace

Pete Matos
865-363-9218
Matospeter@charter.net

October 19th, 2008, 7:44 pm #7

Remington 40x/700 centerfire action for now. If it all works out as well as I hope it does then I will build one using a Stiller Viper RBLP Drop Port action. This is just for BR. What I am trying to do is eliminate bedding from my life. No pillars, no glue ins, just screw it together and shoot.

October 20th, 2008, 1:40 am #8

but where are the specs? What kinda trigger is that? Where did you get the barrel? Is it gonna be all skeleton or is there to be any wood at all? Inquiring minds wanna know.....HELLO WAKE UP MAN? haha peace...

Pete Matos
865-363-9218
Matospeter@charter.net

October 20th, 2008, 12:12 pm #9

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek077.html

The late Shelley Davidson's Tinker Toy. I wanted to simplify some aspects of Shelley's design and make it more versatile in respect to being able to change the bbl contour without having to machine new parts. I also like my free floating bbl a lot better.

I have a Rem 40x that I built. It has a Stith Dart stock and a Shilen 14 twist bbl that I chambered in 6mm Beggs. I will be able to swap the action and bbl back and forth between the Stith stock and this Erector Set design. Back to back testing will tell me if I am on the right track.

I use Jewel BR triggers.

[/IMG]

October 20th, 2008, 11:26 pm #10

never seen anything like that before. How much is a jewel trigger? keep up the good work....peace..

Pete Matos
865-363-9218
Matospeter@charter.net