Original post edited/deleted due to my mistake.

Original post edited/deleted due to my mistake.

August 6th, 2017, 11:50 pm #1

Much of my post was based on mis-reading (even with my reading glasses snd on full-screen) the range of the 30 groups. That being the case, the whole post was not only thrown out of context, but completely WRONG.

Sincerest apologies for the post, my misread of the ranges, and consequently, MY BAD! No excuses.

August 7th, 2017, 12:15 am #2

First thing I see when looking at the targets upper right hand corner is "50 Yards" (@ 1:54 into the video). You may have been confused by his statement of "30 targets". He states .50" and UNDER for 150 shots so MOA and under. This is mirrored by Ted Bier's results in his video, he also posts some 100 yard groups. I would link it but believe it's verbotten. A youtube search for FX Crown will bring it up. You might remember Ted as the winner of the Extreme Benchrest last year.

August 7th, 2017, 12:18 am #3

Much of my post was based on mis-reading (even with my reading glasses snd on full-screen) the range of the 30 groups. That being the case, the whole post was not only thrown out of context, but completely WRONG.

Sincerest apologies for the post, my misread of the ranges, and consequently, MY BAD! No excuses.
with the Crown?

August 7th, 2017, 12:33 am #4

Go to 7:39 of the video for a full screen shot of the target which is plainly marked "50 Yards" in the upper right hand corner.

August 7th, 2017, 12:40 am #5

I was and am very impressed with the scope of the features on the FX Crown. I could never warm up to the Impact, not because it's a bad rifle, but because it looks like a collection of parts from my father's old barn. FX hit the nail on the head by making a rifle with Impact features. That said, I reserve any impulse to buy one because anytime FX introduces a new product under hurried conditions of consumer demand, they are rife with bugs. For me, I will wait until all the review are in and the bugs are fixed with the next or even the one after that shipment.

August 7th, 2017, 2:22 am #6

Please re-read my original post, now edited. nt

August 7th, 2017, 2:23 am #7

First thing I see when looking at the targets upper right hand corner is "50 Yards" (@ 1:54 into the video). You may have been confused by his statement of "30 targets". He states .50" and UNDER for 150 shots so MOA and under. This is mirrored by Ted Bier's results in his video, he also posts some 100 yard groups. I would link it but believe it's verbotten. A youtube search for FX Crown will bring it up. You might remember Ted as the winner of the Extreme Benchrest last year.
I mis-read 50 yards to be 30. My bad. nt

August 7th, 2017, 2:25 am #8

with the Crown?
Whatever my points might have been, they're moot now. nt

August 7th, 2017, 2:27 am #9

I was and am very impressed with the scope of the features on the FX Crown. I could never warm up to the Impact, not because it's a bad rifle, but because it looks like a collection of parts from my father's old barn. FX hit the nail on the head by making a rifle with Impact features. That said, I reserve any impulse to buy one because anytime FX introduces a new product under hurried conditions of consumer demand, they are rife with bugs. For me, I will wait until all the review are in and the bugs are fixed with the next or even the one after that shipment.
Whatever you do, don't let my post influence your decision. I was mistaken. nt

August 8th, 2017, 1:44 pm #10

I make those misteaks (sic) too.