One shot group?

One shot group?

May 16th, 2010, 5:46 pm #1

I have heard some guys on here talk about "one shot groups" or the importance of where the very fist shot goes after picking up the rifle for the first time that day. This makes sense to me, especially in a designated hunting gun. I guess it would be the best way to check the overall consistancy of a particular gun. I decided to do this yesterday since it was the first day in quite awhile that we did not have even a whisper of wind. The rifle is a Marauder in 22 cal., it is completely stock, as recieved from the factory, and filled to 2500psi. I set the target at 50 yards (according to my Bushnell yardage pro 400), and rested the gun in my Caldwell Lead Sled. Below is a picture of that very first shot. I set a 18 grain JSB (best pellet in this rifle) on the paper to help show the size of the target. I was pretty pleased with the results so I though I would share. I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't hit the "10" LOL!

My favorite new toy. This year, the squirrels are going to be in trouble!

May 16th, 2010, 6:26 pm #2

Did the same thing this morning

and I'm happy to say with similar results.

May 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm #3

I wanted to try again today, but sadly, the wind conditions aren't nearly as calm today. Gues I'll just have to settle for some pesting.

May 17th, 2010, 12:32 am #4

I have heard some guys on here talk about "one shot groups" or the importance of where the very fist shot goes after picking up the rifle for the first time that day. This makes sense to me, especially in a designated hunting gun. I guess it would be the best way to check the overall consistancy of a particular gun. I decided to do this yesterday since it was the first day in quite awhile that we did not have even a whisper of wind. The rifle is a Marauder in 22 cal., it is completely stock, as recieved from the factory, and filled to 2500psi. I set the target at 50 yards (according to my Bushnell yardage pro 400), and rested the gun in my Caldwell Lead Sled. Below is a picture of that very first shot. I set a 18 grain JSB (best pellet in this rifle) on the paper to help show the size of the target. I was pretty pleased with the results so I though I would share. I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't hit the "10" LOL!

My favorite new toy. This year, the squirrels are going to be in trouble!

Just put about 200 threw mine on co2 way to accurate. See Gary in St Louis he is a master with Co2 got me set up. Kip

May 18th, 2010, 1:55 am #5

Nothing but HPA for me! It's good to hear you are getting good results with yours on CO2.

May 19th, 2010, 2:10 am #6

NT

May 19th, 2010, 4:59 am #7

It is a 3" sun shade that was included with the scope. The scope is a Leapers TS series 3-9X40 red/green illuminated mildot reticle With adjustable objective...pretty decent glass for about $70.