One more cheap springer goes back to Walmart.

One more cheap springer goes back to Walmart.

November 8th, 2006, 5:31 pm #1

Hi all,

Three days ago I purchased a Crosman G1 from Walmart, I really like the fit and finish of the rifle, but after 400 pellets it is going back.
The scope mount is great the rifle looks great, the scope is ok but the gun will not hold a zero at all, the trigger is hard but you can get a insert for it.
But all in all not a bad gun.
I just cant hit a thing with it, I had a Squirrl at 15 yard rested did not hit it once four shots he finally went up the tree.
The finish of the gun is great, but for 124.88 I will get a QB and deal with the co2.
At least with co2 I can hit something.

This in no R7 and never will be I guess if I want a good Springer I will need to pay 300.00 or more.

Stuart Brandt

November 8th, 2006, 5:49 pm #2

Great gun with enough power to hunt, and accurate.

Thanks...
Joe...

November 8th, 2006, 6:27 pm #3

is only $167 at midsouth shooting supplies , A high quality gun at a bargain price ..German engineering and manufacture at chineese guns prices ...link ...

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i ... 0622166165

Regards ,
Frank

November 8th, 2006, 6:43 pm #4

but they're all .177's and for hunting I prefer .22 or .20. That pushed me into the Diana 34 and now I've got two of them, great rifles and you can't beat the quality for the dollar.

November 8th, 2006, 9:12 pm #5

Hi all,

Three days ago I purchased a Crosman G1 from Walmart, I really like the fit and finish of the rifle, but after 400 pellets it is going back.
The scope mount is great the rifle looks great, the scope is ok but the gun will not hold a zero at all, the trigger is hard but you can get a insert for it.
I just cant hit a thing with it, I had a Squirrl at 15 yard rested did not hit it once four shots he finally went up the tree.
The finish of the gun is great, but for 124.88 I will get a QB and deal with the co2.

This in no R7 and never will be I guess if I want a good Springer I will need to pay 300.00 or more.

Stuart Brandt
I've seen this post on about every airgun forum. You MUST REALLY be disappointed. Did you try sighting in the scope before you went squirrel hunting? Maybe it's way off, itself, and not the gun. Did you try some different ammo? For one thing, if you are using a hard rest, the gun is probably recoiling all over the place. Try something easy offhand like a soda can. If, after giving it a good try, you can't nail that at fifteen yards, yes, send it back.

At least the squirrel got lucky.

What, me worry???

November 8th, 2006, 9:29 pm #6

Hi all,

Stuart Brandt
garrett

November 8th, 2006, 10:02 pm #7

Hi all,

Stuart Brandt
I would suggest around 1000 pellets through your rifle before going on any real hunts with it. #1 you get good skills with the open sights, #2 your rifle breaks in and has better accuracy and power. I bet if you put around 600-700 more pellets through it and find a pellet that it liked then I bet you would have had a fine hunting rifle.

Good men die young,

Great men never die!

Be safe, have fun.

November 9th, 2006, 8:44 pm #8

1000 rounds to break in before hunting? Really, it ought to group minute of bushy tail at fifteen yards right out of the box!

What, me worry???

November 9th, 2006, 10:02 pm #9

was because my shadow underperformed. The 1000 rounds won't take that long, if you're dedicated maybe 3-4 days. That's only 250 shots a day. Plus wouldn't you want to know that the pellet your about to put in the way of a live animal is going where you want it to go. All I am saying is you want to kill your quarry as instantly as possible, so anti-hunting activists will shut up.

Good men die young,

Great men never die!

Be safe, have fun.