older FWB124D

older FWB124D

September 8th, 2017, 2:14 pm #1

I just received an older FWB124D that is not marked with Beeman anywhere. It just has the Feinwerkbrau Sport 124 Germany with s/n 013xx. Is this one of the ARH 124's from prior to Beeman? The stock is rough around the edges and has been cracked and repaired but it is hand checkered with hard black buttpad, black grip cap and no white line spacers. I was told its walnut as it is very dark, but I'm not so sure until I tear it down to inspect further. I'm going to rebuild this gun with a JM kit and probably refinish the stock. Just kinda curious what I have as far as year etc. and how good these early guns are.
Any info appreciated

September 8th, 2017, 2:31 pm #2

I have one of R. Law's Custom 120X guns s/n 014xx which I think is around '73 production, therefore prior to Beeman emerging. Apart from squawks about the plastic trigger, there doesn't seem to be a difference in capability from older to newer 124's...all of them are great.

It would be interesting to see your stock details - maybe the grip cap etc were non-factory?

Don R.

September 8th, 2017, 2:37 pm #3

I just received an older FWB124D that is not marked with Beeman anywhere. It just has the Feinwerkbrau Sport 124 Germany with s/n 013xx. Is this one of the ARH 124's from prior to Beeman? The stock is rough around the edges and has been cracked and repaired but it is hand checkered with hard black buttpad, black grip cap and no white line spacers. I was told its walnut as it is very dark, but I'm not so sure until I tear it down to inspect further. I'm going to rebuild this gun with a JM kit and probably refinish the stock. Just kinda curious what I have as far as year etc. and how good these early guns are.
Any info appreciated
Unless its a custom i doubt its walnut. The older, cut-checkered stocks were pretty dark and look like walnut. Great guns and a fresh Maccari kit will make it better than new.

September 8th, 2017, 3:42 pm #4

Any info appreciated
It definitely looks to be beech. I'm going to refinish this after I get it tuned. Worst case scenario is I'll have to find another stock.

September 8th, 2017, 3:53 pm #5

Cool rifle. One thing i did to mine was upgrade the screws(airtube&action) to allen-head bolts. I kept the originals in a bag in case i ever sell(doubtful). I HATE slotted screws and always replace them with allen-head.

September 8th, 2017, 6:05 pm #6

It definitely looks to be beech. I'm going to refinish this after I get it tuned. Worst case scenario is I'll have to find another stock.

That is a beech stock.

Good luck refinishing it. If you are not familiar with refinishing beech you will want to do some research first.

David Enoch

September 8th, 2017, 7:02 pm #7

Any info appreciated
Randy, just looked at 24 fwb124's . Look like someone removed the white spacer.

September 8th, 2017, 7:04 pm #8

That's how the older ones looked, no spacer.

September 8th, 2017, 7:09 pm #9

Thanks Bille, Seen a few but not one like Randy's. Bille shoot me an email.

September 8th, 2017, 8:12 pm #10

That is a beech stock.

Good luck refinishing it. If you are not familiar with refinishing beech you will want to do some research first.

David Enoch
. That's not a big deal to me even though I think the ones with them look better. Since this stock is cracked I may replace it down the road but I want to see how it turns out after I get to shoot it and tune it.