old b21

old b21

March 26th, 2010, 2:51 am #1

When I was about 12 years old my dad convinced me to buy a b21 from a catalog a friend of his got in the mail. The gun came and of course the scope kept sliding back, once that was fixed, the gun started breaking scopes. Eventually I just gave up and forgot about it. Recently I got back into airguns and I've been working on a couple of crosmans. I came upon my old b21 and I thought I might work on it. I took the old rear sight off of it back when I was messing with it. I want to fix it up, but I don't want to buy a scope for it. I think I might put an aperture sight on it.

Anyways, the guns fires, but I don't think it's putting out anywhere near it's original 1000fps. Is there a way I can overhaul it? I don't really know much about springers or anything...

Also, I never could figure out how to adjust the trigger. Which screw does what?
Last edited by chaldeman1984 on March 26th, 2010, 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 26th, 2010, 10:54 am #2

send it to mike m.

March 27th, 2010, 8:47 pm #3

I can't afford much. My dad is very mechanically inclined and I have a shop with tools. Is there anything I can do myself?

March 29th, 2010, 12:49 am #4

When I was about 12 years old my dad convinced me to buy a b21 from a catalog a friend of his got in the mail. The gun came and of course the scope kept sliding back, once that was fixed, the gun started breaking scopes. Eventually I just gave up and forgot about it. Recently I got back into airguns and I've been working on a couple of crosmans. I came upon my old b21 and I thought I might work on it. I took the old rear sight off of it back when I was messing with it. I want to fix it up, but I don't want to buy a scope for it. I think I might put an aperture sight on it.

Anyways, the guns fires, but I don't think it's putting out anywhere near it's original 1000fps. Is there a way I can overhaul it? I don't really know much about springers or anything...

Also, I never could figure out how to adjust the trigger. Which screw does what?
you could put alittle chamber oil in. half cock it a few times and let it stand for a day or two on the butt. the seal is dried out and that wll help bring it back. as far as the trigger goes its tricky. i think there are two adjustment screws and i hate trying to set them. i know there are detailed instructions on that so google b21 and do some seaching.

March 30th, 2010, 9:00 am #5

I have a B-21 in .177 myself.....it was my first big boy gun..... As I recall....parts for RWS 48's will work on the internals, but the trigger is an animal all unto itself.....best thing I can tell you to do is to turn both screws in and back them out about 1/8 or 1/4 turn at a time until you get things where you want them....the settings have to be balanced to make a shootable trigger and it ain't easy to do. and as you have discovered, the things eat lower quality (and upper as well) scopes so pick a good one that has a rep for standing up to heavy recoil if you ever decide to go back to them......good luck