Ok Sports Fans, Diablo Rod & Gun Club FT Golf Match on 4/17@10:30a.m.!!!

Ok Sports Fans, Diablo Rod & Gun Club FT Golf Match on 4/17@10:30a.m.!!!

April 15th, 2011, 2:26 am #1

Just a friendly reminder for all you FT/HFT shooters and those interested in learning about FT/HFT that Diablo Rod and Gun Club will be hosting an FT/HFT Match this Sunday @ 10:30a.m.

The planned format will be a Golf Match where you the idea is to get the lowest possible score which amounts to 1 shot per target or 1 point if successful on that first shot. If your first shot is a miss, you get to take another shot and if you get it, 2 points is your score. You get up to 3 shots per target.

The match will be held on the Archery Range at the USI Range in Concord, CA to provide the added challenge of distance, inclination AND WIND!!!

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday if you can make it!

http://www.diablorodandgun.com/modules. ... Activities

Regards,

Tony

April 15th, 2011, 2:42 am #2

Tony,
Will there not be a standard FT match at 9AM?

April 15th, 2011, 3:25 am #3

Apparently the Action Pistol Shooters have a match on Sunday so we are setting up an FT Golf Match on the Archery Range as we did last year:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/t ... -10+-+PICS

It's a lot of fun and quite a bit more challenging than our normal venue given the range, inclination and wind.

I'll be bringing a chrono for you to test your gun.

Regards,

Tony

April 15th, 2011, 3:40 am #4

There is nothing listed on the DAP schedule for Sunday. The FT Schedule is set months in advance, not days.... what is really going on here?

A golf match was discussed at the last shooters' meeting, but not replacing the regular FT match and certainly no date was set for it. I got a call from a club member tonight in the same boat as me.... confused. I'm betting most of the members are confused, and more than a couple will show up Sunday to shoot a match.

Exactly when was this decided? And by who?

BS

April 15th, 2011, 3:46 am #5

one member told me that there was an Action Pistol event listed for Sunday so I took that at face value.

Our Match Director informed me that Sunday will be a Golf Style Match set for 10:30am on the Archery Range. As such I took that at face value and will be clearing lanes with my weed wacker tomorrow along with other club members.

If you can make it tomorrow and help out, its greatly appreciated John. Last year's Golf Match was a lot of fun, give it a whirl!

Regards,

Tony

April 15th, 2011, 3:48 am #6

There is nothing listed on the DAP schedule for Sunday. The FT Schedule is set months in advance, not days.... what is really going on here?

A golf match was discussed at the last shooters' meeting, but not replacing the regular FT match and certainly no date was set for it. I got a call from a club member tonight in the same boat as me.... confused. I'm betting most of the members are confused, and more than a couple will show up Sunday to shoot a match.

Exactly when was this decided? And by who?

BS

April 15th, 2011, 3:52 am #7

one member told me that there was an Action Pistol event listed for Sunday so I took that at face value.

Our Match Director informed me that Sunday will be a Golf Style Match set for 10:30am on the Archery Range. As such I took that at face value and will be clearing lanes with my weed wacker tomorrow along with other club members.

If you can make it tomorrow and help out, its greatly appreciated John. Last year's Golf Match was a lot of fun, give it a whirl!

Regards,

Tony
at the MPR getting click numbers for my new scope. I took the day off so I would be ready for the MATCH.

One member told you the range was busy that day, nobody checked, and a few of you decided for the club there would be no match?

BS

April 15th, 2011, 3:57 am #8

It's still a match, we will be shooting FT Targets with our FT Rifles. I was advised of the Action Pistol Shooters AFTER the MD had already advised me of the Golf Format and to post the info. See you tomorrow!

Regards,

Tony

April 15th, 2011, 4:02 am #9

April 15th, 2011, 4:07 am #10

I'm going with what the MD told me...

Regards,

Tony