OK...Finally bent to peer pressure and upgraded the scope on my RAW this past weekend.....

December 7th, 2017, 6:49 pm #1

This pic is what scope I have had on my RAW HM111X .25 since I got the rifle new

It is a Amazon or ebay special - a real treat from China a ZOS 10-40 with the "Y" recticle. Nice side focus and I liked it. But after posting a pic here awhile ago someone posted that it was a shame to have that rifle and have a $99 scope on it.

Some time I switch out scopes on my rifles just to keep things interesting. That sometime was this past weekend. I removed the scope from my FT rig (as it is off season) and promptly mounted it to the RAW.

It is a Hawke AirMax 8-32X50 with a small wheel. Range finds great and has the AMX recticle. Man what a difference! I was so pleasently suprised. Sighting it in took one magazine. Then I was dead on nuts accurate after that. I have a right hand magazine to feed the beast so the wheel can be used.

Fun switch that might have found a new home.... Now what to do with the FT rig?

~GOD BLESS~

john

December 7th, 2017, 11:30 pm #2

Great looking rig! What's the length and weight? nt

December 8th, 2017, 4:31 pm #3

Joe - length as in OAL of the complete rifle or just the scope? nt

December 8th, 2017, 8:25 pm #4

OAL of the rifle, weight w/o scope if feasible, thanks! nt

December 9th, 2017, 5:56 pm #5

No problem to get the weight w/o scope. I am using some UTG quick release weaver rail mounts. So off it came. I wanted to take a picture because it is not the most scientific (spelling?) method of measurement of weight. I used our house hold scale. It will not read the weight of the rifle by itself. Too little weight. So I grabbed ahold of it WITHOUT the scope and mounts and climbed aboard.

Got this with me and the rifle only:

I weight right at 216 by myself so that makes the rifle come in at 9.4 pounds. I weighted atleast three times and got the same result every time.

Then as to the OAL. I got this:

Right at 47" from the end of the shoulder rest pad to the tip of the OEM muzzle brake.

Hope this helps.

~GOD BLESS~

john

December 9th, 2017, 7:59 pm #6

that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks John! nt

December 9th, 2017, 8:27 pm #7

NP - glad I could help. john NT

December 10th, 2017, 6:08 am #8

This pic is what scope I have had on my RAW HM111X .25 since I got the rifle new

It is a Amazon or ebay special - a real treat from China a ZOS 10-40 with the "Y" recticle. Nice side focus and I liked it. But after posting a pic here awhile ago someone posted that it was a shame to have that rifle and have a $99 scope on it.

Some time I switch out scopes on my rifles just to keep things interesting. That sometime was this past weekend. I removed the scope from my FT rig (as it is off season) and promptly mounted it to the RAW.

It is a Hawke AirMax 8-32X50 with a small wheel. Range finds great and has the AMX recticle. Man what a difference! I was so pleasently suprised. Sighting it in took one magazine. Then I was dead on nuts accurate after that. I have a right hand magazine to feed the beast so the wheel can be used.

Fun switch that might have found a new home.... Now what to do with the FT rig?

~GOD BLESS~

john
I can hit everything with my ZOS scope that I can hit with my Hawke scopes

December 11th, 2017, 1:59 pm #9

I really like the ZOS scopes - that is why I have 4 of them. I was tired of the Y and just wanted a change.

Thought I would have some fun with the title of my post.

~GOD BLESS~

john