“Oak Alley” Memorial Weekend Shootout - May 29th, 30th & 31st. Ashland, Or. Triathlon too!

“Oak Alley” Memorial Weekend Shootout - May 29th, 30th & 31st. Ashland, Or. Triathlon too!

May 15th, 2010, 5:25 pm #1

Triathlon-
There will be six classes folks can compete in. (1) Open 20fpe PCP. (2) . International 12fpe PCP. (3). Piston Rifle. (4). Hunter. (5). Pistol (maybe scoped and un-scoped) (6). Bench Rest. You can compete in one, OR two, OR three, OR four, OR five, OR all six events on one day or both days. Each event has a winner, placer and second placer, but those who shoot three or more can also count there scores in the Triathlon.

Bench Rest doesnt seem to fit into the scoring, so, I will leave it out of the Triathlon. That leaves you five classes, maybe six if enough pistol shooters show up in both open and scoped, to pick at least three classes to have your score added in to compete in the Triathlon. You could shoot all five classes and only your three best scores will count. Each event, except Bench Rest, will have a possible score of 45 times two days. So, the best Triathlon score would be 270.

In order to make this possible, Im having two chances on Sat. and Sun. for the rifle events. First time will be at 7:00 am with sight in open at 6:00am, safety meeting at 6:45 on both days. Then second chance same day will be at 11:00am. That should give a little, (very little), break for the ones who are shooting the course twice that day. The pistol finals or Bench Rest first round will be on Sat. & Sun. afternoons at 4:00pm, so that would be three events in one day at least on Saturday for the Triathlon competitor.

Friday afternoon Sun Down Pistol Field Target Shoot.

Register by 2:00 pm Friday 29th in person or by email in advance. $10 covers this event and Saturdays Pistols finals, or $35 (before May 20th $40 after), all events, all days, and free onsite camping.
Sight in at 3:00 pm. Safety meeting 3:45. Meet starts at 4:00pm when the sun is in our eyes partners, so think about that!

Its going be 45 shots, one shot per target, three targets per lane, 15 lanes. 10 to 35 yards, ¾ to 1-1/2 kill zones. I will check for pistols over 20fpe. Im going to try to make the targets fall with 3-4 ft lbs. on the paddle and not fall with 22fpe on the face plate. (wish me luck!)!

This is an open class event, set your scopes at 12 power or less. If 4 or more come to shoot with open sites, we will score and award accordingly. Open class to me, means with no rules about hanging tanks or resting the pistol any which way you want. Use any support from BODY (not ground) to gun you want. Pinch the pistol grip in your knees, I dont care. Barrels not over 15 please. I will force some standing shots with obstructions. Let's NOT extend hardware to the hip for these standing shots.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARDS in the following classes, if 4 or more shoot in a class.
Awards will be after each event, so folks can leave if they have to.

1st 3rd. in Open PCP, Piston, Hunter, International PCP, and Bench Rest.

1st-2nd in Pistol Iron/Red dot & Pistol Scoped.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday Morning-Sun UP - 45 shot, Rifle 1st round.

There will be two times the course can be shot each day. All class shooters will have a chance to shoot the course in different classes at 7:00 am & 11:00am. Sight in open 1 hour before, and safety meeting will be 15 minutes before the meet.

Sign IN then Sight in begins at 6:00 am. Safety meeting @ 6:45. Meet starts at 7:00 & 11:00 am.

This is an open class event, (20 ft lbs or less, I'll be checking so dont be close please, we are at 2,700 ft. elevation.) 10-55 yards 3/8" to 1-1/2" kill zones. 45 shots, one shot per target, 3 targets per lane & 15 lanes. If 4 or more come to shoot in Piston, hunter, or international 12fpe no harness class, we will score and award accordingly. Again, I will force some kneeling and standing shots with
obstructions. Otherwise shoot prone, sitting, kneeing or standing, whatever it takes to see the kill zone. On a kneeling shot, you have to have your gun supported by hand and arm is held at an angle, as in a standing offhand shot . Don't forget the sun can be in your eyes morning too, and at the same time as targets are in the shade. Be ready, I'm planning a few tough ones.

Saturday afternoon Sun Down Pistol Field Target finals Shoot.

Register by 2:00pm Saturday May 29th in person or by email in advance. No fee if already paid on Friday. $35 all events and free onsite camping. We will use the same rules and targets as Friday, just 45 more shots to decide the winners for the meet.
Sight in at 3:00 pm. Safety meeting at 3:45. Meet starts at 4:00pm cowpokes!
Pistol Field Target Awards after the match.

Sunday Morning, May 30th Sun UP 45 shot, Rifle Finals shoot.

There will be two times the course can be shot each day. All class shooters will have a chance to shoot the course at 7:00 am, and if they choose to, they can later shoot the course in other classes a little later at 11:00 am.

The second day finals 45 shot event, hopefully will be on a different set of targets Im planning to set up in the creek canyon for up and down hill shots.

Sunday afternoon, May 30th- Bench Rest 50 yards, 30 shots, 25 minutes?? Paper Shoot - Round One.

Register by 1:00pm Sunday May 30th in person or by email in advance no fee if already paid for other events. $10 or $35 all events and free onsite camping.
Ive asked Tim and LD to run this event like they do at LDs, so Im not totally clear on their game and rules. I know they have NO foot lb limit, but you cant fill your gun during a match.

TRIATHLON AWARDS WILL BE AFTER THE SECOND ROUND OF THE RIFLE SHOOT.

Monday Morning, May 31th- Memorial Day morning "THANKS TO OUR VETERANS" Breakfast Starts with silent moments at 7:30am - Breakfast at 8 am. free for all... and that doesn't mean food fight!

Monday Morning, May 31th
Bench Rest Finals- Tim & LDs rules. - Round Two.

Register by 9:00am. Sight in from 8:00 to 10:00am, safety meeting 10:15 am, meet starts at 10:30am.

The Bench Rest Awards will be after the match. Shoot off in case of a tie.

Monday afternoon will be a picnic and other fun stuff for kids and adults.

Preregistration before May 20th, package deal includes free camping for 4 days, practice range, and the fee for all events is $35 TOTAL!. Or .. $40 after May 20th.

There will be camping on site in the oaks, with one indoor bath & shower at Randys house to share. Outhouses and water will be by the shooting range. Emigrant Lake with great fishing, water skiing and full facilities is only 5 mins away. Stay a week in the area and enjoy Crater Lake, Pacific Crest trail hiking, Famous Southern Oregon fishing, great plays and small town locally owned shopping experiences in Ashland and Jacksonville. Email me for a list of motels and prices and directions to the shoot.

Ill have 4 clean (3,000psi) scuba tanks and I just added 3 large 4,500# tanks to fill the scuba tanks. So Ill try to keep plenty of air for yall.

My sister Laurie, will have light stuff before the matches and pig-out stuff and drinks afternoons and evenings... a more detailed menu will be developed and your input is welcome.

Meals are free for registered guests. Or $2-$10 donation with drinks for unregistered guests.

The bull**** will be deep around the real campfires at night...
Practice field open the week before, from 8 am till dusk for register guests.

Call or email me for a registration form.

Wacky Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range
541-552-1441 email wayne.burns@naturalyards.com

Last edited by S410happy on May 16th, 2010, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 20th, 2010, 11:05 pm #2

We have Hotel Reservations, guns pumped up and pockets full of pellets.
YES......Not only will I be competing (if you can call my "Pre-Novice" shooting that) but I will be taking pics for the NWA Web Site as well!

"It's an AIR Thing, You wouldn't understand"

May 21st, 2010, 3:41 pm #3

enough from each state (Cal. Wa. Or.) or club to make teams, for a team winner as well. I would think that if more than three compete on a team, they could just pick their best three scores. The team with only three would be at a disadvantage, but that's their problem for not bringing a bigger team:-)

Think that will work??

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

May 21st, 2010, 9:22 pm #4

Three will work....Rick will take care of FT, Terry will do Pistol and I'll do the GRENADE TOSS!!!!
I shouldn't tell you this but I think we have 30 "Ringers" coming, as well..........

"It's an AIR Thing, You wouldn't understand"
Last edited by AIROSOK on May 21st, 2010, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.