Finally just sat down and shot the QB I've been working on for the last few months. Slapped a CP 4-16x40 on it, the only loose scope I had on hand. Shooting at about 30 yards, took a dozen or so shots to get it sighted in, then was showing pretty good accuracy off the bench, not quite one hole but really close. Decided to have some fun and get a feel for hunting accuracy, for me, that means paint balls. Set up 10 on golf tees at 30 yards, took 11 shots to pick off all 10, and the miss was definitely my fault. Calling me rusty right now would be generous .
Bear in mind, this was after modifying the barrel for an LDC I whipped up for it last night. After threading the end and checking the fit of the LDC, I realized I'd messed up a measurement, resulting in having to lop about 1/4" off the end of the barrel and recrowning. Considering the results, I'd have to say I did a good job .
This thing continues to come together really well, and this kind of accuracy is a bonus that I really didn't expect. A couple of more mods and a few more tweaks, and it'll be time for some cosmetics. Just wanted to crow a bit, thanks for reading . Later.
Good work, wish I knew how to do lathe work.