new to me toys.... south bend lathe, rockwell horizontal mill

new to me toys.... south bend lathe, rockwell horizontal mill

May 2nd, 2012, 12:14 am #1

and a home made 2 x 48 inch belt grinder with a baldor motor. I only wanted the belt grinder to start with. But the deal on all three made it too goood to pass up.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

they will all need cleaned- likely paint but should be servicable and even canidates for restoration, we will see as I get into them eventually...

Now the hard part is deciding what needs to go find another home. I do not need so many lathes or horizontal mills!
Last edited by tallsaul on May 2nd, 2012, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 2nd, 2012, 10:00 am #2

What small lathe do you have to sell?

Shootem all like you mean it.

May 2nd, 2012, 2:22 pm #3

that might be leaving me. The unimat for sure, the atlas may have to stay for a bit while I go through the south bend.

the atlas
[/IMG]

the unimat has the power feed,a chuck,tailstock and some other parts I need to inventory- its been a while, I got side tracked when I got the atlas actually

May 2nd, 2012, 10:54 pm #4

Where are you located? Do you have pics of the unimat?
Thanks Joe

Shootem all like you mean it.

May 3rd, 2012, 11:52 am #5

don't have pictures yet, can get some if you are serious. its buried n i am swamped...

I had another I shipped and would not be afraid to although it was expensive at 50-60 dollars. I mounted it to a plywood base and boxed it up real well. Got there fine. That is what I was gonna do if I ebayed it like the last one.

May 15th, 2012, 9:27 pm #6

and a home made 2 x 48 inch belt grinder with a baldor motor. I only wanted the belt grinder to start with. But the deal on all three made it too goood to pass up.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

they will all need cleaned- likely paint but should be servicable and even canidates for restoration, we will see as I get into them eventually...

Now the hard part is deciding what needs to go find another home. I do not need so many lathes or horizontal mills!
that mill looks to be in pretty good shape.
I just finished restoring it's cousin. Took about 2 months, couple of evenings a week.
If you need bearings for the handwheels, I bought too many. They were cheap.
http://lathes.co.uk/centex/ (the mill pictured is mine)
I'd love to find a horizontal to go with it.