New to Forum

New to Forum

July 29th, 2006, 6:29 pm #1

I grew up in Arizona shooting my beloved Benjamin .22 8 pump classic as my air rifle. I have lately been shooting a Gamo Shadow 1000 in Oregon where I live now, and I enjoy its pinpoint accuracy. I am probably going to obtain an RFW at some point...either the Diana or the Magnum as I do love the looks of those babies.

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from you guys as I get back in to the hobby and sport of shooting and small game hunting.

July 29th, 2006, 6:59 pm #2

get your hands on a 22cal gamo 1250 hurricane,everyone here loves theres....

HAPPY HUNTING.....tmbrwlf_93@yahoo.com

July 29th, 2006, 9:09 pm #3

I looked at one, and was impressed, but it was really haeavy with scope....close to 9 lbs or more I think. I like a smaller and lighter rifle, but I will look again. I do like the feel of the DIana by RWS, but I will taqke another look at the Hunter 1250. It must be a monster. aws

July 29th, 2006, 9:38 pm #4

I grew up in Arizona shooting my beloved Benjamin .22 8 pump classic as my air rifle. I have lately been shooting a Gamo Shadow 1000 in Oregon where I live now, and I enjoy its pinpoint accuracy. I am probably going to obtain an RFW at some point...either the Diana or the Magnum as I do love the looks of those babies.

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from you guys as I get back in to the hobby and sport of shooting and small game hunting.

July 30th, 2006, 6:09 am #5

This is the second forum that I have participated in. The other is a Rolex watch forum as I have that Swiss watch habit as well. Airguns, however, are very pure like fly fishing. I seem to hear of ammo hunters supplementing or replacing their ammo hobby with the airgun hobby, and that is interesting to me. I am amazed how darned accurate these magnum guns are from 50 feet...it is amazing. I am also amazed at the amount of quality you cna get for 200 bucks from Gamo. Hell, I got a gun and scope for that price (Gamo Shadow combo), and I am thinking that it would be hard to beat the accuracy by adding a few hundred bucks. I am not thrilled with the recoil, however, I am learing to squeeze off that trigger like with a big gun, but still the accuracy is impressive. YOu guys will teach me a lot.

July 30th, 2006, 6:31 am #6

that last one was mine. I am trying to learn the software here so that I can function with you guys. So anyway, that has been me and not an anonymous person. I am basically very impressed with the Shadow 1000 Combo and any other who have this gun can let me know I made a good choice....thanks

July 30th, 2006, 10:59 am #7

You will find about 90% of the members on this forum have a S1K (Shadow 1000), I might also mention that the S1K and the Hunter series are the same just with a wood stock. Now with all of these S1k around thats gota tell you something.
You mention recoil, and yes the S1k does have recoil. you can learn to live with it or you can get it tuned (you will find that accuracy will in prove with a tune). The trigger is one of the most talked about parts on the gamos, I believe that there are still some third party retailers selling the GTX trigger,that is if you would like to replace the trigger.
<a href="http://jgairguns.biz/catalog/product_in ... a%3E%3E</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://jgairguns.biz/catalog/product_in ... a%3E%3E</a>

The S1k is a fine hunter and backyard plinker, you will have so much fun with this aungun. Enjoy
Bart

Edit: the retailer is out of stock.
Sorry
Last edited by Bwess on July 30th, 2006, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 30th, 2006, 2:51 pm #8

Thanks. I appreciate the comments. I have not found the trigger too bad so far and am assuming it will become smoother as the gun ages. Thanks for the sites.

July 30th, 2006, 4:58 pm #9

Hi Ken. Re the GTX trigger. I have a CFX enroute and will probably want to do something about the trigger. I assumed when the GTX trigger was mentioned, it referred to the entire trigger group but now I see the trigger blade only for 37 bucks. Is that what everyone changes to get a better trigger pull? Being an experienced firearm gunsmith, I find it difficult to believe just the trigger blade could make much difference.

Bob

July 30th, 2006, 4:59 pm #10

Hi Ken. Re the GTX trigger. I have a CFX enroute and will probably want to do something about the trigger. I assumed when the GTX trigger was mentioned, it referred to the entire trigger group but now I see the trigger blade only for 37 bucks. Is that what everyone changes to get a better trigger pull? Being an experienced firearm gunsmith, I find it difficult to believe just the trigger blade could make much difference.

Bob