New Mrod owner question..

New Mrod owner question..

May 16th, 2013, 6:33 pm #1

I shoot about every 2 or 3 days... Is it okay to keep a constant 2 bar pressure in the gun at all times ?

OR.....should I be "degassing" it on the night that I finish shooting and then re-filling it back up the moment before I go shooting again ?

Thanks ..

There is no such thing as "friendly fire"..

May 16th, 2013, 6:43 pm #2

keep it gassed up all the time. n/t

May 20th, 2013, 11:38 pm #3

Please keep SOME air in the gun to keep pressure on the seals.

May 21st, 2013, 12:17 pm #4

I shoot about every 2 or 3 days... Is it okay to keep a constant 2 bar pressure in the gun at all times ?

OR.....should I be "degassing" it on the night that I finish shooting and then re-filling it back up the moment before I go shooting again ?

Thanks ..

You always want at least around 1000-1500 psi in them, except when being shipped. The pressure keeps the seals in the right position so they stay sealed.

Also, as long as you are in the safe operating range of the gun (people debate if that is 3000 psi or a little higher), there is no problem with long term storage at high pressure. Mine .22 (built in 2009) has been stored at between 3000 to 3200 psi since I got it, and everything is fine.

The only time I would not refill it to a fill charge would be if I knew I would not be getting back to it for many weeks - then I would just leave it at the low point after a shooting session without refilling, and then refill when I got back to it.

May 29th, 2013, 1:45 pm #5

Thanks ..

My M-Rod is also my pest gun, so after shooting I pump her back up to 3000psi.

You might want to do a tear down every few years and keep the seals clean and wipe the inside of the air cylinder with silicone oil. Especially if you hand pump without desiccant.