New Huntsman XL question

New Huntsman XL question

March 23rd, 2012, 3:40 am #1

Good Evening:

I picked up my new Huntsman XL .22 yesterday from AofA. Woohoo! I got to choose from 3 guns, picking the one with the nicest figured wood. However, I noticed my box was marked 190 bar but the other 2 were marked 200 bar. The salesman said don't pay any attention to that, just fill to 200, they are actually rated to well over 200. Then, this evening while mounting the scope, I noticed the little medallion on the breech block that says 190 bar.

My question is, what's up with that? Can I fill to 200? Do I have something different, below par, mis-marked, undesireable? Do I keep it or take it back for the 200 bar marked one? (If there is even one left to get!! I've waited about 6 weeks for this one) Has anyone else got one of these 190 bar Huntsmans? Haven't even shot it yet! I'll call AofA tomorrow and double check. Just wanted to get the Yellow consensus on it.

Thanks
Last edited by azcornman on March 23rd, 2012, 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 3:48 am #2

190 BAR, 200 BAR, I'm sure the manufacturer has engineered the tube to be stronger than 200 BAR regardless of the sticker.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

March 23rd, 2012, 3:58 am #3

Good Evening:

I picked up my new Huntsman XL .22 yesterday from AofA. Woohoo! I got to choose from 3 guns, picking the one with the nicest figured wood. However, I noticed my box was marked 190 bar but the other 2 were marked 200 bar. The salesman said don't pay any attention to that, just fill to 200, they are actually rated to well over 200. Then, this evening while mounting the scope, I noticed the little medallion on the breech block that says 190 bar.

My question is, what's up with that? Can I fill to 200? Do I have something different, below par, mis-marked, undesireable? Do I keep it or take it back for the 200 bar marked one? (If there is even one left to get!! I've waited about 6 weeks for this one) Has anyone else got one of these 190 bar Huntsmans? Haven't even shot it yet! I'll call AofA tomorrow and double check. Just wanted to get the Yellow consensus on it.

Thanks
it's a shooter

and

I bet you could make it home safely weather you took it to 190 bars...or 200 bars. hehe

March 23rd, 2012, 3:58 am #4

Good Evening:

Thanks
Each Daystate it tuned differently. I fill mine to the recommended fill pressure. What cal did you get ?

March 23rd, 2012, 4:33 am #5

I don't dare take this 22 beauty to ANY bars, she may not come home with an old coot like me! :>)

So, Daystate tunes each gun and then makes a recommendation for it? Will just have to wring it out with the crony and find what it likes? I just thought it odd that all the other guns were marked 200 and mine was different. Humgh...

azcornman

March 23rd, 2012, 4:47 am #6

Where in AZ do you live?

March 23rd, 2012, 4:53 am #7

Lived my whole life in the Chandler/Gilbert area. 5th generation Arizonan.

March 23rd, 2012, 5:20 am #8

My wife is also 5th generation. Right now we are in Maricopa. Enjoy your new Huntsman XL.

March 23rd, 2012, 10:45 am #9

Good Evening:

Thanks
I personelly am not sure what it all means but they all shoot very well. My Ranger prefers the 250 bar fill. I have done a 230 bar fill on my huntsman and it does fine with that just startes out a bit lower FPS. So for me I do a 2900 to 3000 psi fill on my huntsman and get 30 shots that hold POI at 40 yards and Im happy. Nice rifle they are. mine is .22 cal

March 23rd, 2012, 2:38 pm #10

Good Evening:

Thanks
Thanks for the thoughts guys. Looks like I just get out the chrony and start shooting! That's what we really want to do anyway, right?

Thanks again.

p.s. Ted, if your wife is 5th gen Arizonan, is she farm/ranch family? Odds are if a family has been here that long they started as farmers or ranchers.