New Gun (Whooppie...and BooHoo)

New Gun (Whooppie...and BooHoo)

May 11th, 2012, 12:55 am #1

New gun, so you kind of open the box as soon as you get home.

[/IMG]

This ain't quite right.

Ordered an AA s200. First think I noticed was this one has a gauged air cylinder. Gun marked as 16j on one side, and T200 0on the other.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Also has an accessory rail.
[/IMG]

OK...(I can live with that mix up. Not real fond of removing the tube ever time I want to fill, but its not a big deal to me.

This still ain't right.

Rapidly noticed that the box was empty except for the rifle. No fill adapter, no plastic piece on the end of the barrel, no MANUAL (or any other paper work).

Understand, the shipping box was unopened...but the rifle box inside the shipping box had been opened. Whatever wasn't there, wasn't there when they shipped it.

The strangle screw (transfer port adjustment) seemed to be missing (see above pix). I was wrong about that, it is just a real short screw rather than the long screw I was expecting (there is an allen screw down there...its just short).

Call to the company selling...on hold...on hold past the technician's quitting time. They did contact me by email. Do NOT have the fill adapter, but promised me to get one to me along with the manual.

Crap...new gun and no way to fill it.

Do have an old (2002) s200 in .22. This one has a fill nipple and I have the means to fill that one. The air cylinders will interchange.
[/IMG]

Because of the remove-to-fill air tube, went back to work on a functional, but skinny, LDC. Still a work in progress, can see the bright ring where an edge needed to be beveled, but the cylinder will go on and off the gun without disturbing the skinny LDC.
[/IMG]

Swapped air cylinders with the old s200 and started testing. Which means I have NO IDEA if the new gun's air cylinder holds air or not as I have no way of filling it.

VISUAL COMPRISON:
Better wood. Even though I like he old two-piece stock, the rounded nature of the new stock does feel much better off hand.

Fit and finish is about the same. Air cylinder is a dull rough finish, receiver well finished, and the barrel well blued. Considering how well the 10 year old s200 held up, the new T200 should do as well.

Trigger adjusting allens on the new gun are ALL THE SAME SIZE (they were not on the old version). Can think of several gun makers that haven't figured out how much nicer that makes things.

TEST: FACTORY SETTINGS:
Advertised as going 800fps/12 foot pounds. It was just a little short of that; close enough (at least fore now).
7.3gr JSB = 825fps= 11fpe+
8.4ge JSB = 778fps = 11.3fpe+
10.6gr CPH = 695ps = 11.3fpe+

Going to wait until the correct air tube can be filled and the last little bit of adjusting has been done to give shot counts...but its looking like whole bunch at this energy level. Not real sure how different air tubes change performance, but as they do function as more than just air-carriers, suspect tuning with the S2oo tube would be a waste of time...best to do the tuning with the correct tube in place.

Trigger was unadjusted, but does have the adjusting screws. Will shoot the gun a few 100 times before making any adjustments, just to let the sharp edges mate up a bit (other wise you end up adjusting-readjusting-re-re-adjusting).

Probably better to NOT shoot the WRONG GUN. Could have boxed this one up and sent it back for another try at the new-gun-lottery.

But had to consider these things:

Arrived undamaged (baboon-worker-roulette).
Decent looking stock.
Right power level out the box.
Skinny LDC negates one of the main objections to the remove-to-fill tank.
Early tests at 20yards indicate that it may be both accurate and not real pellet picky.

5 shot groups @ 20 yards. Trigger still unadjusted (acceptable, but no where near what it will be once adjusted):

[/IMG]

(Didn't much care where the groups formed...just if they would cluster into groups.)

May 11th, 2012, 1:51 am #2

You already have one so you know the S200 all shoot *_*

You should have jumped on the Red/Black CZ200S last year from CZ-USA I knew it was too good a deal to last when they had the sales on them with 20% off and jumped in even though I already had a 22 cal S200B AA one

They should send you the fill fittings free all the rifles come with one on both style tubes

May 11th, 2012, 1:52 am #3

[/IMG]

This ain't quite right.

Ordered an AA s200. First think I noticed was this one has a gauged air cylinder. Gun marked as 16j on one side, and T200 0on the other.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

OK...(I can live with that mix up. Not real fond of removing the tube ever time I want to fill, but its not a big deal to me.

This still ain't right.

Rapidly noticed that the box was empty except for the rifle. No fill adapter, no plastic piece on the end of the barrel, no MANUAL (or any other paper work).

Understand, the shipping box was unopened...but the rifle box inside the shipping box had been opened. Whatever wasn't there, wasn't there when they shipped it.

The strangle screw (transfer port adjustment) seemed to be missing (see above pix). I was wrong about that, it is just a real short screw rather than the long screw I was expecting (there is an allen screw down there...its just short).

Call to the company selling...on hold...on hold past the technician's quitting time. They did contact me by email. Do NOT have the fill adapter, but promised me to get one to me along with the manual.

Do have an old (2002) s200 in .22. This one has a fill nipple and I have the means to fill that one. The air cylinders will interchange.
[/IMG]

Because of the remove-to-fill air tube, went back to work on a functional, but skinny, LDC. Still a work in progress, can see the bright ring where an edge needed to be beveled, but the cylinder will go on and off the gun without disturbing the skinny LDC.
[/IMG]

Swapped air cylinders with the old s200 and started testing. Which means I have NO IDEA if the new gun's air cylinder holds air or not as I have no way of filling it.

VISUAL COMPRISON:
Better wood. Even though I like he old two-piece stock, the rounded nature of the new stock does feel much better off hand.

Fit and finish is about the same. Air cylinder is a dull rough finish, receiver well finished, and the barrel well blued. Considering how well the 10 year old s200 held up, the new T200 should do as well.

Trigger adjusting allens on the new gun are ALL THE SAME SIZE (they were not on the old version). Can think of several gun makers that haven't figured out how much nicer that makes things.

Advertised as going 800fps/12 foot pounds. It was just a little short of that; close enough (at least fore now).

Going to wait until the correct air tube can be filled and the last little bit of adjusting has been done to give shot counts...but its looking like whole bunch at this energy level. Not real sure how different air tubes change performance, but as they do function as more than just air-carriers, suspect tuning with the S2oo tube would be a waste of time...best to do the tuning with the correct tube in place.

Trigger was unadjusted, but does have the adjusting screws. Will shoot the gun a few 100 times before making any adjustments, just to let the sharp edges mate up a bit (other wise you end up adjusting-readjusting-re-re-adjusting).

Probably better to NOT shoot the WRONG GUN. Could have boxed this one up and sent it back for another try at the new-gun-lottery.

Decent looking stock.
Early tests at 20yards indicate that it may be both accurate and not real pellet picky.

5 shot groups @ 20 yards. Trigger still unadjusted (acceptable, but no where near what it will be once adjusted):

[/IMG]

(Didn't much care where the groups formed...just if they would cluster into groups.)

Lemme see if I have this right....

You were sent the wrong product with pieces of it missing. And you're fooling around with it?!?!

I guess you and I approach things differently, but with every indication of a big screw-up or a try at screwing me, I'd be like all up in the seller's face. (Who is that by the way: I want to avoid them like the plague?) Anywayz, hope you paid by either paypal or a credit card that give similar protection, 'cause this doesn't sound good.

May 11th, 2012, 1:59 am #4

You already have one so you know the S200 all shoot *_*

You should have jumped on the Red/Black CZ200S last year from CZ-USA I knew it was too good a deal to last when they had the sales on them with 20% off and jumped in even though I already had a 22 cal S200B AA one

They should send you the fill fittings free all the rifles come with one on both style tubes
..$ now. Really don't mind black...guess I could have put it on a card then and painted the stock (but I've lived charge-card free for too many years to start that nonsense again).

They have promised to make it right...and probably will (have corrected small mistakes in the past,this is their first big one).

May 11th, 2012, 2:05 am #5

Lemme see if I have this right....

You were sent the wrong product with pieces of it missing. And you're fooling around with it?!?!

I guess you and I approach things differently, but with every indication of a big screw-up or a try at screwing me, I'd be like all up in the seller's face. (Who is that by the way: I want to avoid them like the plague?) Anywayz, hope you paid by either paypal or a credit card that give similar protection, 'cause this doesn't sound good.
..ordered a 12 foot pound S200...got a 12 foot pound T200. They send the fill adapter and manual, and I'm good.

Could send it back for another 12 foot pound s200 and play the shipping lottery (as well as letting them have a second crack at screwing up the order) or just get them to send the missing stuff.

May 11th, 2012, 2:21 am #6

[/IMG]

This ain't quite right.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

This still ain't right.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

VISUAL COMPRISON:

Decent looking stock.

[/IMG]

Are they made in CZ by Brno with hammer forged barrels? What price? ....... KR, Harry.

May 11th, 2012, 2:44 am #7

..but of course, being kind of nationalist, they tend to prefer JSB pellets.

Had a shipment come in earlier, red laminate stocks, that were sold inexpensively (was it $420 US?)...all that is available now are beech and $120-$160. The .22 versions are harder to find now, but did notice a 10shot repeater Hunter version in .22 is being sold.

Guess they have been around as PCPs for a bit more than 10 years (closer to 12?). BELIEVE they were first marketed as PCPs by Daisy as the Valiant XS40...then as Air Arms S200..and occasionaly by the actual maker, CZ as the CZ S200.

So far as I can tell, any redesign over the years has been pretty much cosmetic.
Last edited by gubb33ps on May 11th, 2012, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 11th, 2012, 3:27 am #8

Australia bought nearly 100% of all the .22 RFs that Brno (CZ) made from 1948 for 50 years. It is only recently other nations have discovered them. ... I like your new rifle and look forward to reading as you work it over. KR, H.

May 11th, 2012, 2:24 pm #9

[/IMG]

This ain't quite right.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

This still ain't right.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

VISUAL COMPRISON:

Decent looking stock.

[/IMG]

if it's NOT the model you ordered, send it back.

but it sounds like you're enjoying it none the less...so...enjoy.

very nice looking rifle.

never squat down while wearing your spurs...will rogers

May 11th, 2012, 9:44 pm #10

[/IMG]

This ain't quite right.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

This still ain't right.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

VISUAL COMPRISON:

Decent looking stock.

[/IMG]

You are not sweating the small stuff. I like your style.

Bob in WV

Never get in a hurry, it only slows you down.