New gun?

New gun?

May 5th, 2012, 2:31 pm #1

Just checking. Even with $1400 to spend, not finding a lot of choices fitting my preferences.

Really wanted a new .177 12 foot pound PCP.

But had some NON NEGOTIAL points.
1.Single shot...not a repeater that could be used as a single shot.
2.High accuracy.
3.Smaller air volume (180cc or LESS).

Preferecnes, but some leeway:
4.Would be OK to tune it to that point if the gun has the adjustments built in (not one I want to take apart again and again to get it set where I want it).
5.Shoud would be a plus, but can supply LDCs.
6.Prefer a sporter type stock, not a thumb hole.
7.My guns tend to get used and it hurts less to scare a plain stock than an pretty one.
8.Prefer not to remove the air tank in order to fill the tank.

BSA Scorpion was a possiblity, but not real sure how easy it is to down tune them.
Aas500 is a possibility, but the air volume breaks #3.
Huntsman classic tends to break #1 and #4.
AA s200 seems just about right.

(Do have an AA s200 in .22, so I am kind of leaning towards that option if the fill probe/no gauge model is available.)

Did I miss any that chould be considered (first 3 are engraved in stone....can debate #4-7).

May 5th, 2012, 2:51 pm #2

CZ 200/AA 200 (same gun) before I even got to the bottom of your thread.

May 5th, 2012, 3:07 pm #3

Just checking. Even with $1400 to spend, not finding a lot of choices fitting my preferences.

2.High accuracy.

4.Would be OK to tune it to that point if the gun has the adjustments built in (not one I want to take apart again and again to get it set where I want it).
7.My guns tend to get used and it hurts less to scare a plain stock than an pretty one.

BSA Scorpion was a possiblity, but not real sure how easy it is to down tune them.

(Do have an AA s200 in .22, so I am kind of leaning towards that option if the fill probe/no gauge model is available.)

Did I miss any that chould be considered (first 3 are engraved in stone....can debate #4-7).
The MPR .177 fits all the items you mentioned except the shroud. It is possible to put an LDC on it-you can PM me. Price is well under your $1400 limit. The trigger, finish, stock adjustability and accuracy are beyond the S200(I had two of those).
Prior to buying the MPR I had 10 airguns(some were more expensive than the MPR). Since I bought it I saw no point in keeping anything but my R7 and Rapid MFR -everything else was sold.

May 5th, 2012, 3:13 pm #4

2.High accuracy.

Crosman 1720T PCP Target Air Pistol with the right custom stock might be a nice option.

May 5th, 2012, 3:15 pm #5

The MPR .177 fits all the items you mentioned except the shroud. It is possible to put an LDC on it-you can PM me. Price is well under your $1400 limit. The trigger, finish, stock adjustability and accuracy are beyond the S200(I had two of those).
Prior to buying the MPR I had 10 airguns(some were more expensive than the MPR). Since I bought it I saw no point in keeping anything but my R7 and Rapid MFR -everything else was sold.
was thinking that as well very nice option IMO

May 5th, 2012, 3:27 pm #6

2.High accuracy.

... and you get a regulated PCP for about 1/10th of your stash. With the bottle set for 1100PSI and stock valve you will be right at 12FPE.

May 5th, 2012, 3:35 pm #7

This should meet all of your requirements and: LOTS of shots, very good accuracy, easy to work on, lots of upgrade parts if you ever want to modify things, fairly inexpensive. It's kind of like the Chevy small block of the airgun world.

I may pick up one of these too.

Doug

May 5th, 2012, 5:12 pm #8

... and you get a regulated PCP for about 1/10th of your stash. With the bottle set for 1100PSI and stock valve you will be right at 12FPE.
[/IMG]

Yes...about 12 foot pounds, 850psi output, +100 shots per fill.

May 5th, 2012, 7:11 pm #9

can you give some details on this gun. Are you shooting hpa from a co2 bottle or just what is going on there. stock gun other-wise? Factory barrel? I sure like the looks of that setup.

May 5th, 2012, 8:27 pm #10

2.High accuracy.

The AA 400 series can be had in 12ft pound form by special order and is under 700.00