New CFX is shooting a little slow.

New CFX is shooting a little slow.

January 28th, 2008, 5:35 am #1

Avg. of 830fps with 7.9 cpl's

Not to mention it the loading port is turn fully opened it is misaligned with the breech?
A thick loading port tab would fix this, But as we know gamo is keeping parts to them selves.

Anyone else recall what their CFX was doing stock, and did it increase any after 500 or so shot.
Not that it's a big deal. I have a few other for my High power needs.

Thanks.

Pics of the loading port

[/IMG]
Last edited by TnShooter on January 28th, 2008, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 28th, 2008, 6:16 am #2

<P>It's about right for a new rifle that is un tuned. it will get better as the rifle breaks in and that takes a 1000 pellets. The rifle is still getting the excess lube out of the chamer and that also will slow them down a bit, when your done shooting the first tin of pellets it should show a improvment.</P>
<P>The loading port aligment is also a normal complaint, you will get used to it.</P>

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/

January 28th, 2008, 6:21 am #3

I figured if anyone would know you'd be the one.
and tips on pellet no too loose for the chamber like the CPL's, but not too tight?

Thanks.
Last edited by TnShooter on January 28th, 2008, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 29th, 2008, 12:48 am #4

Super domes shoot real well in my CFX's or JSb's are another good pellet for the CFX. Some shoot Crossman CPL's good, but the ones in the 1250 count not the wally world kind.

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/

January 29th, 2008, 1:48 am #5

Not to mention it the loading port is turn fully opened it is misaligned with the breech?
A thick loading port tab would fix this, But as we know gamo is keeping parts to them selves.

Anyone else recall what their CFX was doing stock, and did it increase any after 500 or so shot.

Thanks.

Pics of the loading port

[/IMG]
and 830 with cpl`s is the best of the bunch.My guns were all bought 2-3 years ago,they may be better now.2 of them were in the 780 range.Mine also didn`t get any better with age.the one I have now that shoots cpl`s @ 830 is very accurate with this pellet.funny thing is it shoots Superdomes around 860,but so-so accuracy?It is a real go to gun for offhand accuracy,and I`m happy with it.CPL is the pellet of choice,and in the 1250 size as Rich mentioned.Mine also groups good with FTS,but around 795fps.
Dana

January 30th, 2008, 3:56 am #6

Thanks.

Pics of the loading port

[/IMG]
They tend to be right at .180" in diameter. The RWS superdomes are considerably larger and therefore seal the bore better, last I checked my CFX was shooting them at 905fps. I don't recal what the premeirs shot in it, but it was considerably higher.

The main thing you need to do is determine which pellets you and the gun shoot most accurately. This can be a pain, but the whole point is to hit what you aim at.

January 30th, 2008, 11:35 pm #7

Thanks.

Pics of the loading port

[/IMG]
and it shot in the 700's. After I replaced the o-rings, did a lube and added some shrink wrap to the tophat it shot in the 850-900 range with avg weight pellets. I didn't keep it long enough to know if it settled down after the tune.

I still have a bunch of spares. E-mail me if you want some.

Brian

January 31st, 2008, 12:43 am #8

had the leaky O-ring issues.I was able to fit some oversized local o-rings,but it would get difficult to turn the breech after gun was not shot for a few days.My problem was a out of round rotating breech.I returned the gun for a replacement.This gun was OK,except it was also shooting in the upper 700`s.It had a cut piston seal.After a fitted guide and a new Apex seal,it will shoot Superdomes over 850.Dana

January 31st, 2008, 12:46 am #9

They tend to be right at .180" in diameter. The RWS superdomes are considerably larger and therefore seal the bore better, last I checked my CFX was shooting them at 905fps. I don't recal what the premeirs shot in it, but it was considerably higher.

The main thing you need to do is determine which pellets you and the gun shoot most accurately. This can be a pain, but the whole point is to hit what you aim at.
the best pellet to be the most fun.Sometimes it surprizes you.But,in the end cpl`s usually end up best in all of my Gamo`s.Dana

February 7th, 2008, 7:29 am #10

Thanks.

Pics of the loading port

[/IMG]
Hi,
My CFX shot them at 850 originally and now about 880. It does not "like" them however. I HIGHLY recommend you try Crosman Premier Hollow Points. They are cheap and not very popular, but shoot amazingly well in my gun. I got turned onto them from this forum about a year ago from another poster who had tried many pellets and was amazed at the CPHP's.
I can fully concur. It's flat out the best pellet in my gun and I've tested around 15 different kinds.

Have fun

John