New Brown Box of CP's....not good

New Brown Box of CP's....not good

February 5th, 2011, 2:48 am #1

So excited to get a new brown box of .22 cal Crossman Premiers via Fed Ex today. Very first box a year ago very accurate. Next box that I've been plinking with over the past year are good but not quite like the original. Running low so ordered another box last week. Were on back order but arrived quite quickly. Just ran a magazine full thru the marauder and bummer. They scatter all over the place!!!! Almost as bad as the tin box of HP's. So any thoughts on what's going on? Were they run from a bad die? Do they still make them from a single die? Does Pyramid Air make this right with customers? I ran a mag of the old pellets through to make sure and yes they group. Then another mag of the new ones and yes they are not accurate. Frustrating.

February 5th, 2011, 4:23 am #2

Scary even. I've got two Marauders that like nothing better and both have healthy appitites.

What does the bottom of the box say (WRT date, etc.)? Anyone else seen this problem?

Doug Owen

February 5th, 2011, 4:42 am #3

I was going to put in an order for 4 boxes. I heard they had an issue with the 20cals. but not the 22 cals. This is a real disaster in my case because I'm down to my last 50 CPs dang it.

Kevin

February 5th, 2011, 12:28 pm #4

So excited to get a new brown box of .22 cal Crossman Premiers via Fed Ex today. Very first box a year ago very accurate. Next box that I've been plinking with over the past year are good but not quite like the original. Running low so ordered another box last week. Were on back order but arrived quite quickly. Just ran a magazine full thru the marauder and bummer. They scatter all over the place!!!! Almost as bad as the tin box of HP's. So any thoughts on what's going on? Were they run from a bad die? Do they still make them from a single die? Does Pyramid Air make this right with customers? I ran a mag of the old pellets through to make sure and yes they group. Then another mag of the new ones and yes they are not accurate. Frustrating.
bb

Dutch

Self proclaimed shootinist sumbitch...there ever was almost!!
196 compressor fills and I have broke even
And aaain't it grrreaaat to be livinnn in the USA.
I never whacked a pigeon, starling, or sparrow that didn't deserve it!!!
1434 and countin....on pigeons..
starling count started 09--
SteveinCThaslosthismind.

February 5th, 2011, 1:07 pm #5

Lot # PY11105
Date on bottom of box:
Oct 2010 23

February 5th, 2011, 1:10 pm #6

I am sure Pyramid air will make this right. Biggie is the price of shipping these days. Has anyone else returned ammo?

February 5th, 2011, 2:23 pm #7

Have you tried cleaning your barrel? Accuracy in mine drops off after 60 shots.

February 5th, 2011, 3:59 pm #8

I am sure Pyramid air will make this right. Biggie is the price of shipping these days. Has anyone else returned ammo?
When they sent me the wrong tank they also emailed a free shipping (UPS IIRC) label to return it with. I'd give them a call, it's not your fault the product is bad.......

Doug Owen

February 5th, 2011, 4:05 pm #9

He said he ran a mag of the old batch after the new with no problems.

FWIW I tend to think fouling is at most a fine point WRT accuracy in almost (if not) all cases. Jamming a tight fitting pellet or ten down the pipe is going to remove a lot of sins. When guys find groups opening up we're talking fractions of an inch at first not 'shotgun to dimes' and back again in a few shots. Not that cleaning the barrel is a bad idea, but I really doubt it ever makes a huge improvemet on it's own.

Doug Owen

February 5th, 2011, 5:09 pm #10

just got home from the woods....shot a group with the old pellets...under 1/2" at 36 yards. New pellets won't do that at 36 feet