Need help with P17 trigger

Need help with P17 trigger

March 3rd, 2012, 8:40 pm #1

Ok, got a P17 for the 5 meter funshoot, doing ok but the trigger on this thing is hinky- it's like there are three stages-light pressure to the first stage of resistance, then a rubbery second stage, then finally (and unpredictably) the actual break point. Is it me or is there something wrong? Any advice would be welcome.
PS everyone who's shot this one hates the trigger!

March 3rd, 2012, 9:20 pm #2

most p17 triggers are like glass right outa box

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>

March 3rd, 2012, 9:24 pm #3

Ok, got a P17 for the 5 meter funshoot, doing ok but the trigger on this thing is hinky- it's like there are three stages-light pressure to the first stage of resistance, then a rubbery second stage, then finally (and unpredictably) the actual break point. Is it me or is there something wrong? Any advice would be welcome.
Here's a link with some photos that should give you an idea of how things are 'supposed' to line up. Just pull the right side grip cover off and try to compare to the photos. Also, be sure to check the lever that makes contact with the trigger. It should be well centered over the trigger. Mine worked great for quite a while and then one day the trigger got kind of funky. Found out that lever needed to be slightly bent. Good luck!
http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/viewto ... rs#p161860

"You've come far, pilgrim."------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"----"Ah, what trouble?"
Jim in SWMO

"You've come far, pilgrim."-------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"-----"Ah, what trouble?"

March 3rd, 2012, 10:43 pm #4

and every single one has had issues with the trigger. One would discharge the pellet during compression, ones trigger stopped engaging after about 15 rounds, my last one went from having a perfect match trigger, to having an impossibly hard pull, varying from shot to shot with no warning.

I love the size, accuracy and simplicity of the p17/2004, after all I bought four of the things. But in my opinion they are so unsafe that its not worth owning. I'd hate to have someone lose an eye or worse because of a $35 chinese plinker. I won't own another one of these, its a lawsuit in a blister-pack waiting to happen.

I wish crosman would copy this gun, and do it right. Maybe have a .22 version as well!

Good luck on the trigger issue.

March 3rd, 2012, 11:15 pm #5

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... Trigger%29

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

"Springers are neat,,One Shot One Bullseye"
BUT ONLY If you can master shooting one ! ! !

March 4th, 2012, 12:16 am #6

I'm busy with ground squirrels these days!
John

March 4th, 2012, 8:14 am #7

and every single one has had issues with the trigger. One would discharge the pellet during compression, ones trigger stopped engaging after about 15 rounds, my last one went from having a perfect match trigger, to having an impossibly hard pull, varying from shot to shot with no warning.

I love the size, accuracy and simplicity of the p17/2004, after all I bought four of the things. But in my opinion they are so unsafe that its not worth owning. I'd hate to have someone lose an eye or worse because of a $35 chinese plinker. I won't own another one of these, its a lawsuit in a blister-pack waiting to happen.

I wish crosman would copy this gun, and do it right. Maybe have a .22 version as well!

Good luck on the trigger issue.
Shot me an email, please,,n/t