Need Digital Scale Recommendation for Weighing 125g CO2 Tanks

Need Digital Scale Recommendation for Weighing 125g CO2 Tanks

April 9th, 2012, 6:48 pm #1

What scales are you using to weigh the underbarrel CO2 reservoirs on guns like the Steyr LP1 or to weigh the gray 125g capacity tanks that come with Czech guns like the Tau, Aeron, or Drulov?

I want to get a good scale that will last and weigh to the needed precision and accuracy, but I don't want to pay more than necessary for the requirements.

What scales have you found best for this application to avoid the danger of overfilling these tanks?

April 9th, 2012, 7:56 pm #2

I use a cheap digital scale I picked up at Walmart for my 3.5 oz bottles for my LD. It works fine for me. I don't have any of the match guns and don't know if you need more precision or not.

David Enoch

April 9th, 2012, 9:04 pm #3

What scales are you using to weigh the underbarrel CO2 reservoirs on guns like the Steyr LP1 or to weigh the gray 125g capacity tanks that come with Czech guns like the Tau, Aeron, or Drulov?

I want to get a good scale that will last and weigh to the needed precision and accuracy, but I don't want to pay more than necessary for the requirements.

What scales have you found best for this application to avoid the danger of overfilling these tanks?
I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found a food scale.
Found similar food scales at Target.
I forget the price, but it wasn't too expensive.
You have to shop, because there are some VERY expensive food scales out there, don't grab the wrong box.

April 9th, 2012, 9:57 pm #4

..and about 14.9oz. full, so be sure your scale goes that high. In grams, that would be about 319grams empty and 417grams full. THere are different valves (the maqnu8al on/off type are heavier) and slight differneces in production weights so don't take my word for it...measure them empty first, then put the empty weight on the tank someplace.

Digital food scales tend to go up to about 6-8 pounds and are accurate enough. Also have digital fish scales that are made to hang things from (rather than a fish, you hang the empty tank).
[/IMG]
Last edited by gubb33ps on April 9th, 2012, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 10th, 2012, 12:00 am #5

They have one ( digital ) for around 10-15 bucks

April 10th, 2012, 4:05 am #6

"My Weigh 7001DX" for about $36.00 + p/h Great Scale, Great Price, multiple scale conversions up to 15 lbs in grams, mg, etc.
doug,P.

History IS the Preview of the Future, don't Forget any!
http://www.damagedwoodstocks.info
doug,P.

April 11th, 2012, 2:21 am #7

I use a cheap digital scale I picked up at Walmart for my 3.5 oz bottles for my LD. It works fine for me. I don't have any of the match guns and don't know if you need more precision or not.

David Enoch

Hi Dave, I use a digital scale that gives 1/10th of a

gram precision. That is for filling and checking my

Steyr LP1-C CO2 cylinders. Any digital scale that provides

that precision is fine.

Tony