Need an assist on the Logun S16

Need an assist on the Logun S16

March 15th, 2012, 12:50 pm #1

I'm loving this rifle, but I see a minor problem with how it's adjusted. See the attached spreadsheet. I'm not familiar with how to get into this rifle, and my first rule is do no harm (no, I'm not a doctor, I just play one ) Anyway, it has been suggested that I need to reduce the pre-load on the hammer spring. Also, maybe I just need to back the hammer off a bit. Either way, it's striking too hard and releasing too much air. Any Logun S-16 owners out there past or present got a tutorial for getting into this fine PCP?
thank you,
darryl

?t=1331815646
Last edited by turbodt on March 15th, 2012, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 16th, 2012, 3:04 am #2

But here is a link to a guy who posted a dis-assembly of one.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... %3Dimvnsfd

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin --

Take out the "(trash)" to respond

March 16th, 2012, 10:49 am #3

The translation leaves me bewildered is some areas, but I'll study it and try to see what can make of it. This rifle has much more complex internals than other PCPs I've worked on. I'm not (yet) trying to do a complete overhaul, but now I have a tutorial link, thanks to you. It should get me where I want to go and help me flatten that shot curve. How'd you find this link? I did a lot of searches, but I guess I didn't do enough!
thank you!
darryl

March 18th, 2012, 3:24 am #4

I'm loving this rifle, but I see a minor problem with how it's adjusted. See the attached spreadsheet. I'm not familiar with how to get into this rifle, and my first rule is do no harm (no, I'm not a doctor, I just play one ) Anyway, it has been suggested that I need to reduce the pre-load on the hammer spring. Also, maybe I just need to back the hammer off a bit. Either way, it's striking too hard and releasing too much air. Any Logun S-16 owners out there past or present got a tutorial for getting into this fine PCP?
thank you,
darryl

?t=1331815646
Remove your guage in the back and the fitting that the guage screws in. In the fitting, it mates with the hammer spring. Some of these have a washer there for more power. Just remove the washer and the shot curves goes from 900 up to 930 then back to 900.

I got mine in that spread for about 70 shots from 3000 psi to 1400psi.

March 18th, 2012, 2:52 pm #5

I take it the gauge unscrews? I'll find out soon enough. The shot curve you mention sounds pretty good to me. 70 shots sounds pretty good too. But that's part of the idea. of reducing the pre-load on the hammer spring.
thank you again Chan,
darryl