Need advise

Need advise

April 16th, 2012, 1:07 am #1

Need some input.

I am assembling/making a HPA discovery crosman based on the Don Cothran HPA tube & barns and Assoc Boss valve and front seal fill cap. The whole process was going very well until the final fill cap was to be installed. I Do not want to go into a long story but it seems the fill cap will not go in far enough to engage the o-ring. I am not sure if it is the threads on the tube or the possible out of round threads on the fill cap.

So to any one who has used a Don Cothran HPA tube, Did you go with stock Crosman discovery parts ? if so how did they work ?

Did you have any problems with the Don tube ? I does look very good.... to the eye.

Thanks

April 16th, 2012, 2:42 am #2

I have used Dons tubes alot,never had a issue. I always used crosman parts, the fill port off a Disco Is what I used. Got a picture of both parts maybe post here or e mail me selphdon@gmail.com.

Edit : Do you have another tube 2240-2250 that you can try putting the fill part
on, would be a easy way to check if you do.

Good luck,
Don
Last edited by TENDERFOOT91 on April 16th, 2012, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 17th, 2012, 3:33 am #3

I've used two of his tubes with excellent results. The prior advise is very good and easy to do. If you don't have a spare tube, you can try removing the "O" ring for trial fit. Stainless threads some times bind and needs to be broken in. You can try using synthetic lube during fitment then clean all excess. Best of luck.

April 18th, 2012, 2:57 am #4

Don Cothran, about something different than this subject. But i did ask about it while we were shooting the breeze . He said you were going to send the parts to him to check out. Although he checks them all with crosman parts just to make sure their are no issues. He stands behind all his products and said it was no problem to check again for you, things do happen. kinda leaves a black mark on the parts maker when you just have a issue out their that looks unresolved.
Alot of new guys follow these post to make sure they get what they pay for. And it would be a shame for one of the good guys to get feed up and stop making quality parts for us.For those who are new here, I have known Don for about 3-4 years and have delt with him often. I can say without any doubt when dealing with Don Cothran you are dealing with a honest man.
Alot of this reads like it should be left on the deal or BOI, I understand that. I just felt like it should be linked to this open ended post. Please keep us posted on what you find out.
Thank You,
Don
Also let us know on the B&A Fill port part please.I have used 1 previous B&A part without issue, it was bulk fill part for a Mark II,And it worked great.

Edit : was for some of the words my tablet made up
Last edited by TENDERFOOT91 on April 18th, 2012, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.