My M-Rod Stock...a work in progress

My M-Rod Stock...a work in progress

July 11th, 2012, 3:17 pm #1

Got my M-Rod about a month ago and have been loving it. Decided I would mess around with making up a custom stock and this is what I came up with. It is a little unconventional in how it was made since it is 2 pieces of maple glued together. I did the inletting first and then glued the 2 pieces together. Definitely learned a few things and may change my approach a bit on the next one but overall I am pleased with it. The black section is bedliner and I need to finish the maple.

Gipper

July 11th, 2012, 3:35 pm #2

looks real good.keep us posted when done.i'll be suprised if you are not asked to make a few of them.

July 11th, 2012, 4:34 pm #3

Got my M-Rod about a month ago and have been loving it. Decided I would mess around with making up a custom stock and this is what I came up with. It is a little unconventional in how it was made since it is 2 pieces of maple glued together. I did the inletting first and then glued the 2 pieces together. Definitely learned a few things and may change my approach a bit on the next one but overall I am pleased with it. The black section is bedliner and I need to finish the maple.

Gipper

Ill take one!!!

July 11th, 2012, 5:10 pm #4

Gipper

Looks good. The only thing I wonder about is the cheek piece is too square. I would raise it and round it off. Good work Though

July 11th, 2012, 6:15 pm #5

Thank you all for the kind feedback. The cheek piece has a 3/8" roundover on it that for me is quite comfortable. The design does allow for easy customizing though and I was planning on doing a cheek piece for it but the scope alignment is good where it is for my chubby face.

July 17th, 2012, 6:45 pm #6

Gipper

Well got it stained and first coat of Danish oil on it today, that woke the grain up a bit.

Gipper

July 18th, 2012, 12:51 pm #7

Gipper

That is BAD A$$ Man. Excellent job! I wish someone would market this for P-ROD as well, maybe even a bullpup.