My first HFT is July 20th, any advice?

June 21st, 2017, 3:20 am #1

I will be taking my AA Prosport .177cal Please don't ask me what she is shooting because I don't have a chrony. I really been thinking of going to an indoor range and inquire if they have one, lol. My glass is a 3-12x50mm Hawke Airmax 30SF. I am really slacking because I didn't even mark the sidewheel yet because I just recieved a gift. BKL double strap rings for the Airmax. So any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, the HFT is in Falls Township, PA

June 21st, 2017, 4:09 am #2

HAVE F U N !

Otherwise, it would be good to know where your gun shoots at several ranges from 10 to 55 yards.

June 21st, 2017, 11:07 am #3

I will be taking my AA Prosport .177cal Please don't ask me what she is shooting because I don't have a chrony. I really been thinking of going to an indoor range and inquire if they have one, lol. My glass is a 3-12x50mm Hawke Airmax 30SF. I am really slacking because I didn't even mark the sidewheel yet because I just recieved a gift. BKL double strap rings for the Airmax. So any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, the HFT is in Falls Township, PA
glean as much info from the other competitors as possible. Don't be afraid to ask for advice from them. They will be your best source for info. Mike Harris, Rick Basset, Brian Van Liew are top shooters who will be good to speak to.

Above all, don't sweat the competition. They all started somewhere. Besides all you want to do when starting out is to just try to better your own score each time you shoot a match. Concentrate on that and you will naturally increase you skills.

You can ask particular questions on how to do a side tape (if you don't already know how) and other questions here.

Good luck at the match Josh......

June 23rd, 2017, 6:54 pm #4

get there-- if possible-- early and offer to help set up.

they could no doubt use the help and you'll learn even more about that it takes to make the match run.
in the process you 'll see the course from a perspective most shooters never do.

If ya cant get there early then offer to help tear down......

July 17th, 2017, 12:07 pm #5

HAVE F U N !

Otherwise, it would be good to know where your gun shoots at several ranges from 10 to 55 yards.
Thanks brother nt

July 17th, 2017, 12:10 pm #6

glean as much info from the other competitors as possible. Don't be afraid to ask for advice from them. They will be your best source for info. Mike Harris, Rick Basset, Brian Van Liew are top shooters who will be good to speak to.

Above all, don't sweat the competition. They all started somewhere. Besides all you want to do when starting out is to just try to better your own score each time you shoot a match. Concentrate on that and you will naturally increase you skills.

You can ask particular questions on how to do a side tape (if you don't already know how) and other questions here.

Good luck at the match Josh......
there were hospitable friendly and very helpful. Tom, Rich, Jim, Joel and many others whom I apologetically cannot remember their names.

July 17th, 2017, 12:11 pm #7

get there-- if possible-- early and offer to help set up.

they could no doubt use the help and you'll learn even more about that it takes to make the match run.
in the process you 'll see the course from a perspective most shooters never do.

If ya cant get there early then offer to help tear down......

I helped tear dowm nt