My Daily Entry into the "Why Women Live Longer Than Men" Sweepstakes

My Daily Entry into the "Why Women Live Longer Than Men" Sweepstakes

May 1st, 2012, 4:12 am #1

[/img]

I needed to sharpen the blades on the riding lawn mower. I didn't have a way to jack the thing up to get to the mower deck. I thought about making a quick lift out of leftover angle iron that would attach to the lifting points on the front of the frame but that would have taken all kinds of time for a simple project. A few judiciously placed chains, a 4 ton come along, a little baling wire and some good ole redneck engineering later and I could get under the mower deck easily and got the job done.

The 1/2" transport chain at the top was a little over the top for the application but it was handy. The 3/8" log chain on the mower was almost too light for the job. The come along had to strain to do the heavy lifting. The loops of baling wire holding the log chain to the mower were the real lynch pin in the whole assembly. I tripled the baling wire loops for safety sake.

Safety third.

Sasq.

May 1st, 2012, 5:19 am #2

That's what I use for that job

May 1st, 2012, 2:42 pm #3

I was thinking why not pull 5 pin and pull deck? Or just roll it on its back?

May 1st, 2012, 2:54 pm #4

That's what I use for that job
And haven't gotten them back yet. I thought about pulling the deck but that is a pain with this mower. It was quicker to redneck it.

Sasq

May 1st, 2012, 4:14 pm #5

[/img]

I needed to sharpen the blades on the riding lawn mower. I didn't have a way to jack the thing up to get to the mower deck. I thought about making a quick lift out of leftover angle iron that would attach to the lifting points on the front of the frame but that would have taken all kinds of time for a simple project. A few judiciously placed chains, a 4 ton come along, a little baling wire and some good ole redneck engineering later and I could get under the mower deck easily and got the job done.

The 1/2" transport chain at the top was a little over the top for the application but it was handy. The 3/8" log chain on the mower was almost too light for the job. The come along had to strain to do the heavy lifting. The loops of baling wire holding the log chain to the mower were the real lynch pin in the whole assembly. I tripled the baling wire loops for safety sake.

Safety third.

Sasq.
Of some kind for my new mower,

May 1st, 2012, 4:14 pm #6

[/img]

Safety third.

Sasq.
Of some kind for my new mower,

May 1st, 2012, 4:55 pm #7

[/img]

Safety third.

Sasq.
With my truck, I do this.

May 1st, 2012, 5:05 pm #8

have a nice day

May 2nd, 2012, 2:55 am #9

With my truck, I do this.
After all, you have TWO boards holding it up. I would have gone with a single myself.

Said with as much sarcasm as I can dredge up.

Sasq.

May 2nd, 2012, 12:17 pm #10

[/img]

Safety third.

Sasq.
"Hey, y'all. Watch this!"

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."