My B40 arrived yesterday

My B40 arrived yesterday

December 21st, 2010, 4:38 pm #1

<p>On a whim, emailed Best Airguns and Mike said he had one used in .177. I got it, arrived yesterday.</p><p>Since it was dark and hovering around 5 degrees F, I only got (ok, could only tolerate) 5 shots into the snow bank.</p><p>Sweet rifle. I need to scope it then wring it out to see what it likes to eat.</p><p>Gophers beware......  </p>

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremecy

December 22nd, 2010, 12:01 am #2

What a nicely made rifle for sure.

At present I am struggling with the bore in mine. Plan on changing the barrel unless I can get it to shoot.
Rest of the rifle I love it.
Have two of them .22 and .177 cal both from Mike to whom I am forever grateful.

Walter....

December 22nd, 2010, 3:07 am #3

have any of you fellas had a scope change its 'view' shot to shot?

It is as if the magnification changes and so could indicate a shook scope.

It is a BSA 4x32 supposedly springer rated. I have used this as a testing scope thinking its simplicity would mean strength.

Might be mistaken on that one

Gotta get me a real springer rated scope.

any suggestions welcomed
Walter....

December 22nd, 2010, 7:05 am #4

Yes I had that problem and it was a BSA scope. Couldn't get a group smaller that 2 inches. Changed to a Leapers 4-16x50 and a Centerpoint 4-16x40. Bot have held steady. I have a BSA contender I am considering trying out this week. The Scope that Mike sells at Best will hold up and it is pretty nice for little money.

December 22nd, 2010, 3:48 pm #5

<p>but I think I might need better rings....</p><p>my normal testing range is currently buried under the wife's art stuff, so I was shooting off hand at just under ten yards... couple of ragged one holers and several half inch groups. cant wait to get it out to 35 yards.</p>

December 23rd, 2010, 10:29 pm #6

Yes I had that problem and it was a BSA scope. Couldn't get a group smaller that 2 inches. Changed to a Leapers 4-16x50 and a Centerpoint 4-16x40. Bot have held steady. I have a BSA contender I am considering trying out this week. The Scope that Mike sells at Best will hold up and it is pretty nice for little money.
need a better scope.

so in the mean time.... went to a friendly hydraulic hose place.
Put a squeeze on the barrel to affect a choke. Worked real well but for over doing it....

So cut off about 1/2" and re crowned the barrel. See how she shoots.

Walter....

December 24th, 2010, 1:18 am #7

<p>On a whim, emailed Best Airguns and Mike said he had one used in .177. I got it, arrived yesterday.</p><p>Since it was dark and hovering around 5 degrees F, I only got (ok, could only tolerate) 5 shots into the snow bank.</p><p>Sweet rifle. I need to scope it then wring it out to see what it likes to eat.</p><p>Gophers beware......  </p>

I hope you'll enjoy the '40, and let us know so we'll be envious! :D
darryl