MROD questions

MROD questions

March 13th, 2010, 8:48 pm #1

Thinking about ordering the .22/.25 cal in the Mrod. Everybody talks about the quietness or the accuracy, what about the QUALITY.....THE Bread and Butter ?

How deep is the blueing or the fit of the parts, compared to German rifles. Is the trigger guard/trigger plastic or metal....any other plastic on rifle?

What about the stock fit/finish/checkering?

Does the air guage give correct readings?

Eric

March 14th, 2010, 2:33 am #2

Otherwise I have no complaints about mine. QUIET accurate and very fun to shoot.

March 14th, 2010, 11:16 am #3

You won't cry every time you get a little nick in the stock out shooting,or hunting. The metal is a "flat black color" maybe a parkerized finnish?It is not a high luster blueing job,but it's also much better suited for hunting. The Mrod isn't a "safe queen"! It's a gun you will grab for a outing in the woods,and you will have more fun shooting,and less time thinking about,and trying to avoid, getting the gun dinged! As far as the parts fit,the gun is good!The wood is plain,the finnish dull, it's a hunters "working" gun,and a squirrel's/pest's, worst nightmare!It's NOT a Daystate,FX,Logun,AA,ect. It wasn't designed to be either! It's kinda the "Mossberg 500" of the PCP air rifles,it works,it's priced right,it will put meat on the table,or eliminate pest/rattle cans. Just a lower priced fun gun to shoot,with alot of features found ONLY on more expensive guns. (Ask Crosman if they can build them fast enought?)LOL! Ron

March 15th, 2010, 12:52 am #4

Thinking about ordering the .22/.25 cal in the Mrod. Everybody talks about the quietness or the accuracy, what about the QUALITY.....THE Bread and Butter ?

How deep is the blueing or the fit of the parts, compared to German rifles. Is the trigger guard/trigger plastic or metal....any other plastic on rifle?

Eric
Quietness and accuracy is quality. The trigger is metal and one of the best stock units on the market...including all Euro guns. As far as the guage goes...not many guages are truely accurate. As a matter of fact, what would you, or any of us have to compare it to? Most guys just compare the guage on the gun with the guage on the filling equipment, as long as the readings are close, it's good enough. "Bread and Butter" is a term that is commonly used to describe the very basics of what really counts, and in my opinion, the Marauder has it where it counts. All the attributes that you refer to...I would call "Icing on the Cake" not "Bread and Butter".

March 15th, 2010, 8:50 pm #5

Stick with bows my friend. Iceing is the blueing / checkering....hehe

Thanks to all that responded.

March 16th, 2010, 5:21 am #6

Eric
is as good if not better than my new FX... Its alot for the money for sure