Mourning Chevrolet's Ruined Logo....

Mourning Chevrolet's Ruined Logo....

May 12th, 2012, 11:25 pm #1

Ever since I was a young boy in the 1940's, I have admired the American Automobile's revered Logos, such as Chevrolet's classic Parallelogram, Ford's Blue Oval, Plymouth's Sailing Ship, Pontiac's Indian Chief, Dodge's Ram, and so many others that have unified the American Automobile in our hearts.

So what has the Chevrolet division of General Motors done?

They have bastardized the legendary Chevrolet Parallelogram by making it GOLD! This is truly a Sacrilege!

If I was to be given a late-model Chevrolet with that horrible garish-looking medallion, I would immediately pay to have it restored to its original color!

That's all...
Hal

May 13th, 2012, 5:03 am #2

My 1972 Blazer has the original blue emblem.

What vintage are you talking about that has the gold emblem? I would take pictures but not at home for a week.

Sasq.

May 13th, 2012, 3:10 pm #3

Howl

May 13th, 2012, 6:55 pm #4

Ever since I was a young boy in the 1940's, I have admired the American Automobile's revered Logos, such as Chevrolet's classic Parallelogram, Ford's Blue Oval, Plymouth's Sailing Ship, Pontiac's Indian Chief, Dodge's Ram, and so many others that have unified the American Automobile in our hearts.

They have bastardized the legendary Chevrolet Parallelogram by making it GOLD! This is truly a Sacrilege!

If I was to be given a late-model Chevrolet with that horrible garish-looking medallion, I would immediately pay to have it restored to its original color!

That's all...
Hal

Else we would all be driving imports. Hey, didn't YOU just go off the USA reservation???

May 13th, 2012, 7:12 pm #5

That's all...
Hal

My wife had a 2002 Cavalier Z-24. The Z-24 models had red emblems but the base models had blue. At the same time, the 2002 trucks had gold emblems. Go figure...

My 2000 Silverado is still running strong with over 120,000 miles.

Haywire

May 13th, 2012, 7:31 pm #6

That's all...
Hal

matters to me is to buy American made when i can . i have had good results with GM , Ford and Harley Davidson. lots of the Harleys have different logo emblems , so what it's just a name tag.

have a nice day

May 13th, 2012, 7:39 pm #7

That's all...
Hal

It was inspired by a design in some wallpaper
stevec

May 13th, 2012, 9:33 pm #8

That's all...
Hal

always a bowtie. My 40 year old truck is still going strong, and with a blue bowtie yet.

May 13th, 2012, 10:28 pm #9

Else we would all be driving imports. Hey, didn't YOU just go off the USA reservation???
...Mexico and Canada...so what's the difference?

There are no more unified Automobile Factories in America as in the old days, when EVERYTHING was made on American soil.

Ford, GM, Chrysler, and all the Independents had their own Foundries, Steel Mills, Glass Factories, Rubber Plants, etc. Now there are no longer any Automobile Factories in America...only ASSEMBLY PLANTS, where Foreign-Made Parts are assembled into cars with American Names.

I had a Pymouth Voyager minivan a few years ago. Plymouth, right? American car, right? It was built in Canada! I traded it in on a Honda Accord, a Japanese car, right? It was made in Ohio!

Hal
Last edited by tracer69 on May 14th, 2012, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 13th, 2012, 10:31 pm #10

matters to me is to buy American made when i can . i have had good results with GM , Ford and Harley Davidson. lots of the Harleys have different logo emblems , so what it's just a name tag.

have a nice day
...if Ford can still have its classic Blue Oval, what's wrong with Chevrolet?

Howl