Mini II vs GTX II

Mini II vs GTX II

June 11th, 2009, 2:18 pm #1

Been checking over the forum and can't seem to figure it out. About 2 years ago I bought the Mini II from Rich and installed it, loved it and still using it, just wondering if the new version on his website is newer and better than the one I installed, (I can't remember if it said new short stroke version on his site at the time), or should I go with the GTX II?

tks

June 11th, 2009, 3:19 pm #2

So if you're happy with the stock sheetmetal trigger blade, why not get another insert? Rich's work fine, or you could roll your own (do a search on MicroGTX).

Steve

<font size="-2"> Air Conserving MSP 392
GTX Generation II 2-Stage Trigger
Benjamin SuperSear
Crosman Custom Parts
Big Ed Airguns
</font>

June 11th, 2009, 3:26 pm #3

Been checking over the forum and can't seem to figure it out. About 2 years ago I bought the Mini II from Rich and installed it, loved it and still using it, just wondering if the new version on his website is newer and better than the one I installed, (I can't remember if it said new short stroke version on his site at the time), or should I go with the GTX II?

tks
of Rich's inserts. Both work very well and are vastly better than the Gamo factory trigger. Although the new version is called the short stroke, I personally didn't really notice much difference in the length of the trigger stroke. Also, I did not bend the spring as he recommends because I had been planning on getting the GTX-G2 when it came out. When I got the GTX-G2 and installed it there was a definite difference. The second stage with the GTX-G2 is much more pronounced making it easier to tell where you are in the trigger pull and hold there. It is also a very repeatable trigger pull. As far as I'm concerned the cost of the GTX-G2 was money well spent. You can't go wrong whichever way you choose, both are far better than the factory trigger. Here is a link to a review I did on the GTX-G2:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/479035/t ... II+Trigger

Edit: By the way, if you have been considering the other gold trigger you should read what Craig had to do to end up getting it to work like it should. Here's a link to that:

http://www.craigfperry.com/blog/?p=11

"You've come far, pilgrim."------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"----"Ah, what trouble?"
Last edited by jmhenrichs on June 11th, 2009, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim in SWMO

"You've come far, pilgrim."-------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"-----"Ah, what trouble?"

June 11th, 2009, 4:41 pm #4

tks
the complete GTX G2 trigger blade looks and feels-to my finger-MUCH nicer than the factory blade.

Last edited by bigbore on June 11th, 2009, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2009, 4:44 pm #5

I did forget the "bling" factor. LOL!! And I also agree with the way it feels to the finger.

Jim in SWMO

June 11th, 2009, 9:03 pm #6

tks
Tks for the nfo, I think I will go ahead and order it. And yeah I had read most all the post regarding the GTX trigger, what a disgrace.

June 12th, 2009, 1:02 am #7

I have both. They do about the same thing. Rich insert needs a bit of adjusting to hit the sweet spot but when you do its great. The GTX is a drop in but has its drawbacks too. The Gamo Blade is better suited to my 1250 as it has a bit more set back and is easier on the trigger finger and overall grip. . The GTX works exactly as it should but I feel needs some tooling to smooth it out. Like the sharp edges on the blade sides. and for my 1250 Its to far forward. This would be the same with the "Fishy"one too.

Functionally they do the same . The Short stroke is just that a shorter first stage.

June 12th, 2009, 10:37 am #8

tks, I ordered it and gonna give it a try to see if I rather the feel on my Shadow Sport. Guess I should not have a worry about changing or reversing anything back to factory specs from when I installed Rich's, just follow the directions for the GTX, switch in and out.

June 12th, 2009, 12:15 pm #9

If you bent the long arm on the spring for the transfer bar as Rich recommends for his insert, you may end up with a heavier trigger pull using the GTX-G2. Not hard to reverse if that happens, just straighten the spring arm back out.

Jim in SWMO

June 12th, 2009, 1:55 pm #10

Yes I sure did Jim, thks, so I will have to bend it back, now if I can remember how it looked before I bent it, lol