Mendoza peep was $42 + 9 to ship.

Mendoza peep was $42 + 9 to ship.

August 30th, 2006, 1:58 pm #1

Guy at Umarex didn't know my best friend Mark.

August 31st, 2006, 12:44 am #2

If your're serious, you can probably thank my big mouth for telling the guy how much cheaper they were there when I ordered 3. Either that, or he quoted me the wrong price. My calculations figure total shipping was around $7.00 for all three peeps.

EDIT: my shipping calcs were wrong
Last edited by Mark052 on August 31st, 2006, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 31st, 2006, 1:35 am #3

I told the guy someone on a forum ordered 3 last week for $35 each, didn't matter.
I'll see how it looks, it seems to be exactly what I want so I ordered it.

Last edited by bigbore on August 31st, 2006, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 31st, 2006, 9:11 am #4

Guy at Umarex didn't know my best friend Mark.

Even airgun expres only charged me $5 to ship mine when I bought them there. Me thinks you might be better off looking else where or talking to a supervisor about this.
It just does'nt sound kosher.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
http://airgunartisans.com
I like Iron Sights!
CFX - Accurate, powerful, and fun.

August 31st, 2006, 4:37 pm #5

I had the guy on the phone and in a moment of silence I ran 3 or 4 different scenarios. I couldn't come up with a cheaper scenario. I had the cheapest place I've read about on the phone and that is what he was quoting me. $3 dollars less here $2 more there it just didn't materialize into a huge savings so I "pulled the trigger" so to speak.

September 1st, 2006, 1:41 am #6

I had spent the better part of the day searching the net, and calling airgun suppliers until a nice guy at CobraAirguns suggested that I call RWS (Umarex) and gave me the phone number. I called it and left a message (which I didn't think would get returned) and about 2 hours later a guy called me back. I ended up giving him WAAAAYYY too much information in that short moment of utter excitement after he told me the price. I told him that I couldn't find these anywhere and that the price they were selling them for was $15. cheaper than the last place that carried them. IN thinking back on what I had said to him, the following is what I deduced:
#1 now they know they are in short supply,
#2 people have been paying more for them
#3 they are probably the last place to get them.
I thinking that I might have single handedly caused the price increase by making them aware of the "supply and demand" scenario.
Just as a precaution, I went back and checked my credit card charge and it was still the same 114.92. There is that remote possibility that they had quoted me the wrong price, but when I think of the amount they are now charging for shipping, that seems quash that theory.
Sorry fellas.

September 1st, 2006, 2:18 am #7

that's life.