Maybe we should close this furum just a thought NT NT

Maybe we should close this furum just a thought NT NT

December 12th, 2010, 8:08 am #1

Don

December 13th, 2010, 2:43 am #2

Would not like to see it go, but I would like to see more action.

December 13th, 2010, 11:08 pm #3

due to the fact that it's linked through the yellow where there is strong anti gamo vibes it's hard to get a following here . I belive many guys have gamo's and love them but just stay silent .I for one love mine [/IMG] 10 grain kodiaks at 850 fps is sweet

December 14th, 2010, 1:57 am #4

Don
Ever see a really positive post over on the main forum? If they start out that way, they don't last long before someone chimes in with a negative wave. Guys just need to post more often.

December 14th, 2010, 11:07 am #5

Gamo's not bad. It's just different. Having taken a few apart they aren't horrible. If I had one beef with Gamo it would only be the airgun hog hunt. It's just plain stupid. Even Crosman had sense enough to pull the videos of their guys actually throwing guns to one another after some consumer complaints. The store I work at sells Gamo's so I get to see them daily. I've only seen two come back with problems and Gamo each time has taken care of it. We have an Extreme Hunter in .117 and it's amazing to behold. Just looking at it I can't imagine the spring compressor you need to take it apart.

The way to get more participation isn't to complain about no participation. Share what you have regarding Gamo's here and others will follow eventually. Hopefully anyway.

December 15th, 2010, 4:23 am #6

Don
I think Gamo really has screwed up with there new trigger being plastic & the false fps rating.I think its mainly the new plastic trigger.Almost forgot to mention those Raptors that have zero accuracy.The way I see it Gamo is doing this to themselves but I own a few old Gamo`s but will not buy another until something is done about the new plastic trigger.

December 17th, 2010, 9:47 pm #7

Gamo's not bad. It's just different. Having taken a few apart they aren't horrible. If I had one beef with Gamo it would only be the airgun hog hunt. It's just plain stupid. Even Crosman had sense enough to pull the videos of their guys actually throwing guns to one another after some consumer complaints. The store I work at sells Gamo's so I get to see them daily. I've only seen two come back with problems and Gamo each time has taken care of it. We have an Extreme Hunter in .117 and it's amazing to behold. Just looking at it I can't imagine the spring compressor you need to take it apart.

The way to get more participation isn't to complain about no participation. Share what you have regarding Gamo's here and others will follow eventually. Hopefully anyway.
active then, it was a lot more livelier! Not really complaining, just surprised

Don

December 17th, 2010, 11:27 pm #8

Don
If Gamo build airguns to AA or HW quality, they would have to raise prices to compensate. Gamo makes a good product at a decent price. Now, the raptors are not good in the higher velocity guns,but are accurate in lower powered guns like my Crosman 3100 and 1377 pump pistol.

December 18th, 2010, 5:16 pm #9

Don
<p>What turns most people off about Gamo here on the Yellow is their advertising methods ( i.e 1600 fps, shooting hogs etc). I've own(ed) 3 different Gamo's and I think they're actually pretty good value for the $. I believe they can serve as a starting point for people just getting into the sport, people who can't or don't want to spend a lot of money and are another option versus other foreign makes(turkish, Chinese). I like some of their standard lead pellets as a cheaper plinking ammo. Sure, you're not going to win any competitions, but several of my guns shoot them fairly well.</p><p>Nathan</p>
Last edited by hnt5 on December 18th, 2010, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 18th, 2010, 9:57 pm #10

and I do not think this forum has anything to do with it. Gamo has been in business for a long time(long before this forum came along)with that being said, let's take a look at why most folks complain about Gamo....

The Triggers.....like anything else,just learn how to use it.Now, there is a drop in mod for that issue.

Video's about shootin'pigs......don't watch. I've seen far worse things being done with air guns on youtube!!

Elevated muzzle velocities.....Every air gun maker does this. Remember when the Beeman R-1 came out and stated that it breaks the 1000 fps barrier?? Mine did not....shortly after, Beeman rated it at a conservative 950. Every company does this.

Pellets/Ammo...They are always trying to expand their line of ammo. Some is good, some not so good...just like many other brand.

Spring twang...Again most of my Beeman(HW) guns twanged toooo!!!
There are several other things i'm sure but you get the point.

Now, if all the other air guns are so great right out of the box, why is everyone in such a hurry to tune them???? Because, they want to maximize potential of the said gun...why not maximize the Gamo's potential??? Why, because it is easier to find a scapegoat and bang on it!