May 6 match report: Central Carolina Gun Club

May 6 match report: Central Carolina Gun Club

May 10th, 2017, 1:46 am #1

Acknowledgement to Leo for plagiarizing his report format...

Central Carolina Gun Club Match Report – 2017 May 6

Temperature: 52 - 64 °F
Wind: Primarily out of the West and gusting from 10 - 30 MPH
Number of Targets: 30 (60 points maximum)
Average Distance: 33.0 yards (10 targets over 40 yards)
Average Kill Zone: 1.14”
Course Difficulty: 32.3T (37.5T with wind)

Results:

Remarks:

This was our first match at the new Field Target range. The weather was perfect from a temperature standpoint, but the wind was a different story. I had to verify the wind speed on Weather Underground, but the numbers you see are correct. Check out the video clips; the conditions were very challenging.

The pond lane was probably the favorite. There's just something about shooting across water... The wind was almost directly from a three o’clock position for this lane, and required a significant hold off. I heard one shooter say they held five minutes right!

Will Piatt was first in Open and high overall with a very impressive score of 56. Scott Allen finished second with a 46, followed by Paul Porch with a 38.

In Hunter PC, Ammon Piatt was first with a score of 50. Joe Magarelli and Philip Hepler tied at 44. After several shoot off rounds, the tie was still not resolved, and both competitors decided that food was more important than deciding who would take second place. Hunter piston went to Curt Hathaway with a score of 35 followed by Mike Finchum with a 22. This was Troy Ammons’ first field target match, and he shot it freestyle scoring hits on 3 targets. Matthew Magarelli, a first time Junior shooter, hit 33 face plates and knocked down 6 in his first match. Two of those hits were on the woodpecker target in the pond lane. Great job Matthew!

Don Armstrong shot a score of 29 in WFTF. Raymond Hawkins also shot a score of 29 in Unlimited.

Thanks to everyone that participated. Be on the look out for our next match.

Gerald Long
Central Carolina Gun Club

Pictures and video clips are here:
http://centralcarolinagunclub.wildapric ... eld-Target

May 10th, 2017, 1:48 pm #2

Challenging course with those wind conditions.

Scott
Last edited by variant45 on May 10th, 2017, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 10th, 2017, 2:03 pm #3

Results:

Remarks:

This was our first match at the new Field Target range. The weather was perfect from a temperature standpoint, but the wind was a different story. I had to verify the wind speed on Weather Underground, but the numbers you see are correct. Check out the video clips; the conditions were very challenging.

The pond lane was probably the favorite. There's just something about shooting across water... The wind was almost directly from a three o’clock position for this lane, and required a significant hold off. I heard one shooter say they held five minutes right!

Will Piatt was first in Open and high overall with a very impressive score of 56. Scott Allen finished second with a 46, followed by Paul Porch with a 38.

In Hunter PC, Ammon Piatt was first with a score of 50. Joe Magarelli and Philip Hepler tied at 44. After several shoot off rounds, the tie was still not resolved, and both competitors decided that food was more important than deciding who would take second place. Hunter piston went to Curt Hathaway with a score of 35 followed by Mike Finchum with a 22. This was Troy Ammons’ first field target match, and he shot it freestyle scoring hits on 3 targets. Matthew Magarelli, a first time Junior shooter, hit 33 face plates and knocked down 6 in his first match. Two of those hits were on the woodpecker target in the pond lane. Great job Matthew!

Don Armstrong shot a score of 29 in WFTF. Raymond Hawkins also shot a score of 29 in Unlimited.

Gerald Long

Matthew and I had a great time. He was super excited when he got his first knockdown. I think he's got the bug and will be shooting more more matches.
We ended up exploring downtown Raleigh and staying the night. Just a really nice weekend. Thanks to you and your club for hosting.

May 10th, 2017, 2:36 pm #4

Results:

Remarks:

Gerald Long

more challenging. It srue got me.... I really liked the woodpecker over the water, especially since I knocked it down twice..lol

Seriously, your course took us out of our comfort zones with the shading and use of many 3/8" KZs...

Job well done Gerald....

May 10th, 2017, 3:13 pm #5

Matthew and I had a great time. He was super excited when he got his first knockdown. I think he's got the bug and will be shooting more more matches.
We ended up exploring downtown Raleigh and staying the night. Just a really nice weekend. Thanks to you and your club for hosting.
...please send me an email with your number. I have a question for you. Thanks.

May 10th, 2017, 4:29 pm #6

Email sent to your Yahoo email nt

May 10th, 2017, 8:50 pm #7

Results:

Remarks:

Gerald Long

Gerald I really enjoyed my first shoot and am looking forward to coming back.
Thanks

May 11th, 2017, 10:39 am #8

Results:

Remarks:

Gerald Long

Thanks again Gerald! I had a blast and appreciate your hard work very much!

May 12th, 2017, 12:03 am #9

Results:

Remarks:

Gerald Long

were setup to be challenging but there were no weird sitting positions or unreasonable target placements. Now the wind was another story. It kicked my butt and I got a turn off on my Sightron that wasn't a big help either. Looking forward to the next shoot at CCGA. Thanks, Don

May 16th, 2017, 1:15 am #10

Results:

Remarks:

Gerald Long

I'll be tied up for the next couple/few weeks. Hopefully, we can have a match in June. Watch the forum.