Marauder Shooters, Tuners, etc. - To regulate or not regulate?

Marauder Shooters, Tuners, etc. - To regulate or not regulate?

November 8th, 2011, 5:43 pm #1

That is the question...

For those of you that are using the regulators, have they been trouble free and consistent for you? If so, how long have you been using one?

Or do you find that your MRODs work just fine without a regulator?

Regards,

Tony

November 8th, 2011, 8:27 pm #2

<p>And I am told that even though I shot a really flat curve with it with 20fps spread, I still need a regulator because of the 60 shots, I had one flier that moved the spread out to 30 fps, which is to much of a deviation from one shot to the next... especially not knowing what shot it will fall too.</p><p>When I see the $110 regs appear again, I may pick one up.  Other than losing some volume in the airchamber, a good regulator may not be a bad option.</p>

November 8th, 2011, 10:32 pm #3

That is the question...

For those of you that are using the regulators, have they been trouble free and consistent for you? If so, how long have you been using one?

Regards,

Tony
I put one in my .177 mrod just before Grants Pass, and shot my personal best, even while sharing it with another shooter. It makes it easier to adjust and set up, and I get maybe 1/3 more shots within the spread. Bob P. has one in .22 and after doing some other tweaks he gets a gob of shots. Its just one less thing to worry about, but bring a back up gun just in case.

Pacific Airgun Expo
email: pae@pacificairgunexpo.com

November 8th, 2011, 10:43 pm #4

That is the question...

Regards,

Tony
I have an Audrius reg set at 1850psi. I've experienced no problems but I don't send many pellets down-range compared to most. But so far so good. It does make setting up the rifle easier and the consistency is very nice. After my debacle at the CA state match I'm going to stick with 12fpe so I would like to turn my reg down but I have to figure out how to do that.

Thumbs up so far.

Where I'm learning to shoot FT - come check it out!

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org

CASA on Twitter -http://twitter.com/socasaft

November 9th, 2011, 3:16 am #5

That is the question...

Regards,

Tony
of my .177 Marauders, works great so far, probably only have about 1000 rnds thru it,very consistent. I am using a lightened hammer and have it set for 11.8 FPE with CPL's.

ART

November 9th, 2011, 4:13 am #6

<p>And I am told that even though I shot a really flat curve with it with 20fps spread, I still need a regulator because of the 60 shots, I had one flier that moved the spread out to 30 fps, which is to much of a deviation from one shot to the next... especially not knowing what shot it will fall too.</p><p>When I see the $110 regs appear again, I may pick one up.  Other than losing some volume in the airchamber, a good regulator may not be a bad option.</p>
are you getting on with that 20fps spread?

What fill pressure?

What pellet and velocity are you shooting at?

I have one of the regulators, just haven't tried it yet...

Regards,

Tony

November 9th, 2011, 4:20 am #7

I put one in my .177 mrod just before Grants Pass, and shot my personal best, even while sharing it with another shooter. It makes it easier to adjust and set up, and I get maybe 1/3 more shots within the spread. Bob P. has one in .22 and after doing some other tweaks he gets a gob of shots. Its just one less thing to worry about, but bring a back up gun just in case.

Pacific Airgun Expo
email: pae@pacificairgunexpo.com
I'd like to avoid bringing a back up if possible, lol...but its the smart thing to do if possible...So 1/3 more shots, I could live with that!

Regards,

Tony

November 9th, 2011, 4:23 am #8

I have an Audrius reg set at 1850psi. I've experienced no problems but I don't send many pellets down-range compared to most. But so far so good. It does make setting up the rifle easier and the consistency is very nice. After my debacle at the CA state match I'm going to stick with 12fpe so I would like to turn my reg down but I have to figure out how to do that.

Thumbs up so far.

Where I'm learning to shoot FT - come check it out!

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org

CASA on Twitter -http://twitter.com/socasaft
it down should be easy from what the instructions say, loaned the reg and instructions to a friend, that wanted to check it out...thought there was a screw to turn and make the adjustment...

Regards,

Tony

November 9th, 2011, 4:25 am #9

of my .177 Marauders, works great so far, probably only have about 1000 rnds thru it,very consistent. I am using a lightened hammer and have it set for 11.8 FPE with CPL's.

ART
Appreciate the feedback, at that power level, what kind of shot count are you getting and with what fill pressure?

Regards,

Tony

November 9th, 2011, 4:26 am #10

That is the question...

Regards,

Tony
I have been shooting my M .177 in HFT for over a year and had one of Vincent's regs in for a while. I could not get it to shoot at 900 fps / 19.5 fps without modifying the gun which I did not want to do. Folks like Casey who shoot at 12fps seem to be able to use a pretty stock setup and I have read about an extensively modded gun that also seemed to work well.

For this year's matches I have solved the problem by recharging every 20 shots. I have installed the TT extension which I like and purchased an extensive set of internals from Crosman for about $80 which I plan to polish and square up and then try and tune to a higher pressure band. I hope to get 28 shots within about 15 fps or better. This will let me shoot a match with one recharge. The gun has over 8K pellets through it and is still going strong, but I don't want it to fail in a match and for $80 I just have to see if I can make it better.

Bruce