Marauder Project - Lightening the trigger

Marauder Project - Lightening the trigger

May 1st, 2010, 4:16 am #1

Greetings All,

I have found a very easy and cheap way to lighten the trigger. Here is my posing...
http://avveduti.wordpress.com/2010/04/3 ... e-trigger/

It only takes about 15 minutes or so to get a very nice, light match trigger.
Enjoy!

Blessings,
Jeff

May 1st, 2010, 4:19 am #2

i might try it

May 1st, 2010, 8:28 pm #3

Greetings All,

I have found a very easy and cheap way to lighten the trigger. Here is my posing...

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Jeff
Mine is now at 8 ounces. I polished all of the friction points and removed the trigger return spring. No first stage, I backed it all the way out and turned the second stage screw all the way in. See, it makes a longer lever by elimitating the first stage. About 1/8 inch of sear engagement and it passes the bounce test. The polishing is done with Flitz on Denim.
Last edited by SirTonySteel on May 1st, 2010, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 3rd, 2010, 9:05 pm #4

Greetings All,

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Jeff
Sounds like a great idea but are there any hazards to eliminating the function of the torsion spring?

May 5th, 2010, 3:00 am #5

I am told, and it shows to be true, that the spring was added because the lawyers stepped in. The first 100 did not have the spring but a delrin spacer. The spring was added to increase the trigger weight so individuals would not have the ability to tune down to a 4-8 oz trigger.

That is what I have been told. So far, both my .22 and .177 have not changed in any fashion except they both have a nice light trigger. Both have the first stage removed and just a little sear engagement. A lite touch on either of the M-rod triggers and it fires. Also, both pass the bounce test.

Seems to me what I was told was correct, but there again.. it is what I was told.

Blessings,
Jeff

May 8th, 2010, 1:25 pm #6

Had some time to play with the mrod yesterday.I had this mod bookmarked and decided to give it a try.Before the mod I was shooting cp 14.3 and was happy with dime size groups at 25 yds.I had no clue my trigger pull was too heavy till then !I shot 5 pellets and thought wth...hit the bull once and the rest off target.Walked down to the target and was amazed to see a single hole.WOW,what a difference a nice (6oz) trigger makes of the bench.Also tried some AA field plus 5.52 pellets they seem to do very well in my setup too.

May 8th, 2010, 11:24 pm #7

You are most welcome!
I shot my first FT match today with M-rod. I am glad I found out about the trigger modification. It sure made shooting much better. I found I have a lot of practicing to do.

Blessings,
Jeff